JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys,
Not sure if this is the correct forum….

Don’t ever buy or give Hogue grips your business. I was always told they made great products and customer service was their number one priority…that is NOT true by any means!!

A while ago I asked some of you guys for a more aggressive grip for my P229. A number of you told me to try the Hogue G-10. After contacting Hogue and receiving a catalog from them I ordered my new grips on Feb. 27, requesting US priority mail (so I’d have it in 3-5 days). When I placed my order I told the order lady my full name, address, city, state & zip-code. By the next day I see that Hogue had charged my Visa card. At this point…I’m thinking I should be getting my new awaited grips in a few days.

Well a few days turns into a week, so ten days later I called them (3/9) to find out the status/location of my grips.

The customer service lady tells me, "oh, yea your grips just came back…apparently we had the wrong zip code". Ok so a mistake can be made….so just to make sure they have it right this time I repeat everything again, name, address, etc… The customer service lady assures me it will go out and I should have it early this week. Well yesterday afternoon I decided to call and see if I could get a tracking number to find out where my grips are currently located, since I hadn't received them.

When I get ahold of their customer service personnel I ask the lady for a tracking number so I can go online to look up that status/location of my grips. After putting me on hold, the lady come back and proceeds to tell me "oh the grips just came back apparently we had the wrong street address" (what she reads off isn’t EVEN close to my address). Now I’m starting to get mad! At this point the customer service lady tells me she’s going to put me on hold to research what happened….I say fine. After waiting nearly 4 mins, I get disconnected. So I immediately call back, I tell the lady I was disconnected. She tells me "oh, sorry I’m still trying to see what happened to your order". I explain that I had called on 3/9 inquiring about the grips and providing the customer service reps at that time my correct address, city, zip, etc… She tells me to hold on I’ll be right back…so back to on-hold music, this time I’m on hold for 3 mins. before I’m disconnected AGAIN.

Now I’m steaming mad! So I decide to call their ordering line and ask to speak to someone in authority. The order lady tells me to “just be patient.” I tell her I’ve called twice and been disconnected twice and she has the nerve to tell me I must have disconnected myself, because they didn’t hang up on me….YEA RIGHT!!!

I tell the lady, “your company promotes that customer service is your number one priority”, well I’m not happy and want to speak to Aaron or Patrick (names on the catalog). The lady interrupts me and tells me again to "just be patient"!! At this point I tell her I want a supervisor.

Ok so now I’m into this for 20mins of my cell phone air time.

The supervisor comes on. Here we go AGAIN! The supervisor tells me, “I’m new to this story, so start from the beginning. Oh, GREAT!!! So I tell her everything I’ve gone through. She tells me that when they called me last week, I must have given them the wrong information. BS!! First I tell her no one from her company called ME, I called them asking for status…she tells me that’s not what their records indicate. I responded by saying whoever wrote that LIED and I can prove it…I tell her, this is your last chance, no more run around. Either I get my grips or I call Visa to file a complaint! She proceeds to ask, can you give me your name and address again just to make sure I have it correct (I’m thinking, I’ve told your company three times now)…is there anyone with some brains? So I proceed to give her my name, address, city, etc… Now get this...she tells me, let me look to see if we have your grips in stock….WHAT….I say how can it NOT be in stock, I ordered the grips, they never got to me, and werereturned to you folks. She tells me I need to double check just to make sure we can ship your grips. After round and round we go, she tells me it will be shipped…but not till the following day, since I “just missed the UPS guy”…but I’ll have the grips no later than Friday. I finally say fine, can I have a damn tracking number, she tells me she can’t give me one until after UPS picks up the grips.

I got to tell you I will NEVER give Hogue grips my business, nor will I give them any positive comments. They’ve lost me as a customer for life and I intend to let my friends know how they screwed up my order and how they treat customers.

Some of you may be thinking, dude why I didn’t just cancel my order and go somewhere else….honestly where could I go, I was kinda stuck, needing a particular type of grip that as far as I know only Hogue makes.

Just be aware of this nightmare and how I was treated...when and if you ever order from them.

Bummer "Dude"....I ordered grips from them for wifey's Sig239, no one localy had them. The gal on the phone wasn't all that friendly, not like the gals at ,say, Cabela's. We got the grips fine though. Problem is, what other grips are you going to get? That have the wonderful texture. Is there another brand, American made, fairly local, for sooo many gun makes? Resonably priced to boot.

Mike

You really think you'll see your grips this week? That sir, would be truly amazing.

My experience with Hogue is identical; Same gun, same line...'wrong zip', then 'wrong street number'...I also got "not in stock" after they claimed to have sent them. It's like they are reading a script. I too was an idiot, gave them every opportunity over a 2 month period. I eventually had to take it to VISA.

The grips I ultimately bought for my 229, I am extremely happy with: SIG Aluminum Grips, purchased directly from SIG.

I have purchased Hogue grips since, rubber wrap a-rounds for a 239; I just bought them from someone I could trust: Top Gun.

If they don't show up this week as promised, I will be contacting my Visa/bank to file a complaint and deny payment.

I would have ordered the G-10's, if I could have found someone online store/vendor that carried the G-10's. After THIS experience, I will NEVER buy another Hogue product regardless...

They need to learn NOT to mistreat nor lie to cusomters. Their behavior just isn't acceptable....I'll take my business elsewhere from now on.

theflyguy-sorry to hear about your problems with Hogue. I've purchased two sets of grips directly from Hogue-the cheaper rubber kind for my old P230 and P238-had no issues with either of my orders.

Bought a pair of Hogue grips on Ebay (not from Hogue) they came in missing the connecting bracket. I contacted Hogue and they sent the parts free of charge.....Sorry for your troubles with them.

The grips showed up and the fit perfectly. I really like the grips, but after going through what I went through with Hogue as a company....I'll NEVER give them my business in the future. I'll find another vendor/supplier for my needs.

Sometimes retailers/venders have better customer service than manufactures. If you like the grip, just buy from other retailers/venders next time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top