JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, never seen any and I had seen a blurb on Oregon Field Guide or one of those shows that said they were thick as thieves... I packed the .357 just in case, but started leaving it at home after I never seen a one.

Just read an article today in Oregon Hunter about hogs here. It says that most of them are around the California border and in central Oregon between Madras, Maupin, Condon and Prineville. Doesn't sound like there are a lot of pigs right now but that can change very soon if people don't start shooting them

Doesn't sound like there are a lot of pigs right now
And not likely to be many more in the future. Three major factors are present in the areas previously mentioned that no doubt limit their expansion - cover (lack of), limited food sources and winter. The resources are simply not there to support a growing population. The few that probably did escape or were turned loose long ago started out with limited resources and occupied what was available, used it up and moved on to other areas of similar limits. Or they are constantly on the move scavenging as they go. Either way this type of environment is not going to support any positive growth.

Other things "Fish and Wildlife says":

1)ODFW sez: Starkey Experimental Forest Hunt is somehow differentiated from private high-fence hunting.

2)ODFW sez: Ringneck Pheasants, Chukar Partridge, Hungarian Partridge and Turkeys are somehow differentiated from other invasive (or purposely introduced) species.

3)ODFW sez: Pigs are a huge burgeoning problem in Oregon, but we have to use a picture from Wisconsin to show what a wild pig looks like (easier to produce a picture of an Oregon Wolverine, only recently acknowledged as re-established in Oregon).

4) ODFW sez: It is comfortable with a 150% admitted range of inaccuracy toward estimation of a large mammal population (pigs). Any Wolf or Grizzly researcher would be laughed out of his profession with that presented as some sort of scientifically accepted "hard data".

"ODFW says" lots of things. Some of them trigger activation of critical thinking skills (at least in those posessing them).

Another confirmed "heard of 'em". Sure to be added to ODFW's precise statistics.

We may assume the transcriber of this data will conveniently drop the "a", and register a complete "herd", documented ten miles south of Klamath Falls.

Spitpatch, please don't be a Negative Ned. Hogs are here and a friend of mine has trapped and shot a lot of them in the areas named above. All on private land with willing landowner participation and consent.

Never said they weren't here. As I did say, they are. What's not here is factual, reliable information from ODFW about true numbers, and the original impetus for the propaganda campaign.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top