JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There have been a couple of populations but, fortunately they aren't widespread. They are hard on habitat. If you see one, shoot it. No license is needed and DFW wants them gone.

There have been a couple of populations but, fortunately they aren't widespread. They are hard on habitat. If you see one, shoot it. No license is needed and DFW wants them gone.
I absolutely understand that 100% no one wants them here I for one don't. But if there here I'd definitely hunt them. I've been told that they come up cow creek out in riddle also have people that live down there who say otherwise.

I've heard of them being located throughout Oregon and have seen sign in Central Oregon but I've never seen one. I talked to a biologist about them and he said you likely will never see one as the ones they have on tracker will run for miles the moment they hear a truck get close.

A couple year old post of mine but nothing much has changed:

Largely in part past tense with few updates. There are literally no more wild hogs in Oregon. The few that existed were mostly driven to private land and eradicated by the state not too many years ago. The 'wild hogs' in Oregon story has ALWAYS been mostly unverified stories based on some ranches that illegally released them for cash and carry hunting and a few (very few) verified kills on public land - I have seen one shot in 40 years North of Redmond (on public land) and that was it.

As of not too many years ago the ODFW reported what few remained had been driven to Southern Oregon and very scattered with very little chance of any recovery and complete die off a near certainty.

Some time back, I was talking with a rancher who claimed to have wild hogs. He and his neighbors were allowing or planning to allow fee-hunting on their ranches. ODFW stepped in and threatened added regulations pertaining to fee-hunting for hogs. The ranchers said fine, we'll not allow any hunting at all and eventually the state will beg us to allow hunting.

By God, Keep wild pigs out of the Palouse
I've seen what they do in the barley fields in the Salinas valley and they breed like rats, 3-4 litters per year per sow. They become an infestation, albeit a delicious one.

I fully expect ranchers to release domestic hogs into the wild, and in a few years VOILA, wild hog hunting.

Gotta get some of the Russian boars to pee on the beds.

j/k

Ebt to buy candy and cigarettes lol

Or cash. Ruling says you can't stop them from getting cash back. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edit: Short Answer: You can only get cash back from your EBT card if you receive cash assistance benefits through your state's Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program. You cannot get cash back on SNAP benefits. For more information on EBT cash back

Or cash. Ruling says you can't stop them from getting cash back. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Getting cash is super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Buy a few cases of bottled water with EBT, dump it out in the parking lot and get $.10 back per bottle.

It won't be long before the claim is made that lugging 500 bottles outside AND having to dump it all AND having to schlep the empties back in AND having to count them is an undue burden.
And racist.

Getting cash is super easy, barely an inconvenience.
A few cases of bottled water, dump it out in the parking lot and get $.10 back per bottle.
It won't be long before the claim is made that lugging 500 bottles outside AND having to dump it all AND having to schlep the empties back in AND having to count them is an undue burden.
And racist.

Not at MY Walmart, the bottle count room is closed again.

People really do that dumping out thing, or is it just your devious mind??? :p;):D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top