JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hear cougars taste like pork (seriously...).

They might but myself, the few I have seen in my lifetime have captivated my attention. I would never kill one, even when running with the dogs. Truly they are what the definition of wild should represent, nothing in North America comes close.
So if you ever see one remember this, there were five in my lifetime I never shot but may have had the chance to. Every time I got close to a Mountain Lyon it ended with one of us leaving. Therefor more Cougars do exist.

As for the pigs we here in Oregon haven't had the problems other stats have. Might be due to the fact this state is diligent in killing them off as soon as they arrive.
ODFW Oregon Invasive Species - Feral Swine
Killing them on private land is legal with permission no license any season any time BUT should you kill one on public land [even though they are a serious problem] Money is more important to the committee and from what I understand you will be fined if caught.
ODFW Wildlife Hot topics - Hunting feral swine in Oregon
Silver Hand

There are dense populations of swine in Oregon. They are mostly found around Portland and Salem.

Feral hogs are much more difficult to find and prefer sparsely populated areas.

HB2221 in 2009 prohibited the selling of hunts for feral swine on public or private land
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/conservationstrategy/invasive_species/docs/ferel_swine_fact_sheet.pdf

Feral hogs are an invasive, non-game, non-protected animal in Oregon. One only needs a hunting license to hunt them on public property and only landowner permission to hunt on private property (no license needed).

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/conservationstrategy/invasive_species/docs/Felal_Swine_Brochure.pdf

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top