JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hornady sells 308 superformance ammo but I have found no load data for the powder in 308. I am almost ready to buy a box of ammo and weigh the load to give me a guide of where to start. Anyone use this powder in 308 and have data to share and results??? give me a call 253 854 1678 Thanks Tod

Last Edited:
I heard that The superformance powder is tailored to specific loads/calibers. Other loads such as my 7MM REM MAG are a "mixture" of powders... I to would appreciate any input from anyone with more information on this.

Superperformance powder, based on my observation of the calibers and bullets shown in their reloading data, is for fast loads in the "short magnum" cartridges. Most in the 155 gr and less category.

Hornady does show that their factory loaded "Superperformance" match ammo in .308 is capable of 2800 fps + with a 168 gr A-Max but I find that in my 24" bbl .308 a speed of 2675 fps is far more accurate.

One could work up load data of their own using a chronograph. Start with a load that fills the case around 80% and work up until you get the speed you want with no pressure signs. That's all the fun of reloading when you think of it.

<broken link removed>
They only list loads for 22-250, 243, 6mm, 243 super short magnum, 25 super short magnum, 280, 30-06, 300 Ruger compact magnum, 300 Winchester short magnum, give me a call 253 854 1678 to talk Tod

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top