JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Received this as a gift from my honey, but I have never used this manufacture before and do not feel like learning. It was purchased on 4/19 from Cabelas and it has not been opened. I have the receipt. Looking for $15. It cost $20.99. I was also given the Lyman Pistol and Revolver Third Edition book and have enough manuals in my library, asking for $15 for it. It cost $20. Let me know and happy loading. Cheers! Hodgdon 700-X Smokeless Powder.jpg

Once under the DuPont label 700X is a fast burning powder, great for 1-1/8 - 1 ounce shotgun loads and is a good and accurate pistol powder. Not much good in heavy stuff like .44 mag more for the .38 / .357 and down 9mm and so on. I liked it, very universal powder. If the SHTF, This kind of sTuff will be handy.

I presume that then would be low recoil then for the .45acp. Just not wanting to use something out of the ordinary. I'm more used to Accurate #5.

I have never used this powder with bullets over 160 grains or above .38 caliber. I have loaded the max in a 9mm some time ago and it was 4 grains which is a lot of material in the case behind a cast 121 grain pill. Dead Accurate round -
I don't think a guy could dbl. charge a case without spilling over the rim.

9MM ceases are dangerous, pressure will increase rapidly as the bullet is seated deeper and deeper in the case. Just be careful slamming rounds into the chamber and having the projectile creep further into the case and having thoughts like I will just pop that one, Bad!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top