JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been reloading for my 6.5Creed. Taken me awhile to got my load just right, I believe Im in my node. My average speed is 2700 with a SD of 3, the last two times Ive gone out and its been 60 degrees. Today at 50, I lost an average of 6fps. 10 degrees cooler and 6fps slower? On my ballistic app they have an input for powder Temp Sensitivity. 1-2-3 percent? I havent found any specific data or number on H4350 temp sensitivity to apply to the ballistic app.

Im wondering what the powder will do the next time I go out and it might be 70-80 degrees.

Last Edited:
SD of 3 and 6 fps. You have nothing to worry about, IMHO.

Are you tracking other environmental conditions? DA? Barometric pressure? Humidity? Granted, with your Magneto Speed, you are getting a speed right out of the barrel so environment doesn't have much effect at that point but it will down range.

I am tracking temp and pressure. Humidity, no. I'm using Strelock and Hornady ballistics apps. Just to check numbers on each other. Neither have input for humidity.
Ive used them once at 800yards and no problems.
I just wondering if hunting with a difference in temp than that of my local range is going to make a huge factor.

Last Edited:
The Hornady App does account for a Humidity variable. But I dont have anything that measures humidity. hmmmm. Ive been using my Rhino750 for barometric pressure, and a cheap anemometer for wind and temp. Ill have to looking to something for humidity.

Humidity is not the most important thing to know but it does have a small effect. I guess my point was that there are a lot of variables that will come into play. As mentioned above, 6 fps from shooting session to shooting session, in my book, is nothing.

Humidity is not the most important thing to know but it does have a small effect. I guess my point was that there are a lot of variables that will come into play. As mentioned above, 6 fps from shooting session to shooting session, in my book, is nothing.

Thanks for the info. I'lI try and not get so worked up about it.
I'm using Hornady Brass, haven't read alot of awesome info on it, but I have been seeing Starline brass is suppose to be amazing stuff

....hey dude...do a SD spread on a box of rem core Lokt 6.4 creed, a box of Winchester and a box of federal 6.5 and a pricey box from a high end brand....I think your reloading skills are better than those factory box loads, don't sweat it bro, shoot steel, slay the game.

I use Hornaday brass for my 6.5 CM and have no complaints so far. I have kind of stocked up though so, at most, I only have 2 firings on it. We will see how long it lasts. I know Midway is having a pretty good sale on it right now. Pretty hard to pass up when it is only $0.37 a piece.

I used Hornady brass for 6.5 creedmoor for many years....it's good brass, for about 3-5 loads. Primer pockets get hella loose, necks stretch after 2-3 loads and that's at med velocity. It's good, but not real good like lapua or Winchester.

....hey dude...do a SD spread on a box of rem core Lokt 6.4 creed, a box of Winchester and a box of federal 6.5 and a pricey box from a high end brand....I think your reloading skills are better than those factory box loads, don't sweat it bro, shoot steel, slay the game.
I did hahaha! the Rems where all over the place lol but grouped better than the hornady eldm out of the box, on paper at 100. lol

I started salt bath annealing my brass. Ive got 25 that might have 4-5 shots on them. I bought a pack of 50 and weighed them all before I got started, they where not very consistent. The 25 Ive been using where all pretty close to the same weight. When I get a chance Ill see if the other 50 shoot the same.

I use Hornaday brass for my 6.5 CM and have no complaints so far. I have kind of stocked up though so, at most, I only have 2 firings on it. We will see how long it lasts. I know Midway is having a pretty good sale on it right now. Pretty hard to pass up when it is only $0.37 a piece.

Wowa Thats a great deal!
I paid 1.38 each at my local store. Rhymes with Expensiveala's.
I hate to buy more brass and start my load development all over. But its something I will need to do. I also have another receiver waiting to be built, Im going to build another 6.5. Ill need more brass at some point.

I use Imr 4350 for .260 rem and 6.5 creed....forget the load but they shoot at 2700 FPS with 140 nosier custom comp....very accurate out to 1200 yards.

Im shooting Hornady 140 ELDM. Havent got to try shooting that far, but its high on the list of things to do for this spring. If the rain will stop.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top