JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess it all comes down to what is your goal. My reloading skills appear to be no where near as good as yours. I am pretty happy with an SD in the low teens. I am hitting an 18" plate at 1000 yards pretty regularly and if I miss, I am much more likely to blame environment, me or the gun (in that order) before I would blame my reloads. ;)

Holy cow. 6 fps? You better switch powders. Ive shot my 6.5 creed in temps ranging from 90 degrees down to 30, and accuracy and poi never faltered. I also use H4350. My question to the op is, what kind of accuracy are you seeing with that load. Im not talking 3 or even 5 shot groups. Whats your accuracy for 10 shot groups?

I guess it all comes down to what is your goal. My reloading skills appear to be no where near as good as yours. I am pretty happy with an SD in the low teens. I am hitting an 18" plate at 1000 yards pretty regularly and if I miss, I am much more likely to blame environment, me or the gun (in that order) before I would blame my reloads. ;)
I agree, im in the same boat.

I am tracking temp and pressure. Humidity, no. I'm using Strelock and Hornady ballistics apps. Just to check numbers on each other. Neither have input for humidity.
Ive used them once at 800yards and no problems.
I just wondering if hunting with a difference in temp than that of my local range is going to make a huge factor.

And generally this is one of the reasons you work up a good accurate load at close to the temperatures you intend to hunt. Sure its not possible to do this 100% of the time, but you can work up a good load now and double check it a couple weeks before hunting season. However, i dont really see that happening when dealing with H4350 and the creed. Generally they are very consistent over a broad spectrum of varying temps.

I used Hornady brass for 6.5 creedmoor for many years....it's good brass, for about 3-5 loads. Primer pockets get hella loose, necks stretch after 2-3 loads and that's at med velocity. It's good, but not real good like lapua or Winchester.

Something must be wrong with your chamber. I get a lot more firings from Hornady brass, than that. Winchester brass is known garbage. They don't make it like they used to. Some of the best brass out there is starline. They did a test on that stuff and fired it and loaded it 15 times with no failures.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top