JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is this just me?
When I look through the classifieds I don't have the option to post a reply anymore. Used to be able to. Nothing's changed in the discussion forums, just classifieds. Is this something that's changed in my account settings, or has Joey Link changed the structure of the classified responses? Anybody else experiencing this?

I am entirely open to the possibility (likelihood?) of operator error on my part.

About a month ago, maybe a little longer, Joe disabled the Reply on classifieds. Hoping to reduce over all network chatter, bumping and thread capping. PM is now the preferred method for responding to a classified ad. I believe that there may be plans to revert to the older system. Not sure when or even if that is going to happen.

About a month ago, maybe a little longer, Joe disabled the Reply on classifieds. Hoping to reduce over all network chatter, bumping and thread capping. PM is now the preferred method for responding to a classified ad. I believe that there may be plans to revert to the older system. Not sure when or even if that is going to happen.

Thanks, Garg. That's too bad. There are always people who will take advantage of a system, but I often found the dialogue informative, or interesting, or entertaining. Well, it's Joe's call. No worries.

Kind of a bummer, I enjoy a little bit of chatter, it gives alot of different opinions, info and sometimes can be helpful when trying to price a gun.
I kind of agree, except that there was a lot of abuse of the system. If reply's could be made and NOT bump the ad, then it would maybe work better. I think it was buddies of the sellers, that would bump the ad multiple times that more or less caused the action to remove the reply's. I also found it annoying to see an ad bumped to the top for an "PM Sent" message.

Joe's currently working on getting the site programmed so it will not bump in the classifieds except for the original poster and to have the current limit kept for them at once every 7 days.

It sucks this way. For some reason, people tended to respond questions quicker in the "public" format. Now I get a response to my PM's about 75% of the time...usually saying it's sold and they forgot to take the ad down! Plus, if somebody had the same question I did it was often answered in the posts.

Plus, if somebody had the same question I did it was often answered in the posts.
The seller should update their post with questions people ask and their reply. And of course they should reply to PM's and promptly close the post with the item sells, but that seems to be too much to ask of a few people.

I can see the point of only allowing the OP to post in their ad thread, but I really miss being able to reply to posts in the "Great Deal" section.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top