JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The eye drops that give you NIGHT VISION: Liquid solution allows researcher to see clearly in total darkness

• Solution uses Chlorin e6 (Ce6) insulin and saline to enable night vision
  • A test subject was able to see in darkness 'for several hours'
  • Ability wore off the following day, with 'no noticeable effects' after 20 days
  • But researchers warn of a high risk of cellular toxicity as a result of the solution and said chemicals should be 'handled with caution'

A team of scientists claim it has found a way to inject people's eyes with 'night vision'.

The research gave one volunteer the ability to see more than 164ft (50 metres) in almost total darkness for 'several hours'.

By injecting his eyes with a liquid solution, he could spot people running among trees in dark conditions 100 per cent of the time, while others who hadn't been treated with the drops were successful in only a third of cases.

270BCEC900000578-0-image-a-64_1427463738042.jpg

+3
Californian researchers have developed a liquid that enables night vision. The solution combines Chlorin e6 (Ce6) with insulin and saline. A small amount of it was dripped it into a researcher's eyes. It briefly turns the eyes dark or black before it is absorbed, seen in this image of researcher Gabriel Licina

The experiment was carried out by a group of so-called 'biohackers' in California called Science for the Masses.

They used a solution of a substance called Chlorin e6 (Ce6), which is found in some deep-sea fish and has light-amplification properties, and is also been used in cancer treatment research.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-enables-researcher-total-darkness-hours.html

"almost total darkness"

Nobody can see in *total* darkness using their eyes, there has to be *some* light.

Fortunately, there almost always is some light outdoors, even if it is just starlight. But if you put someone in a dark room with no light source, they will be just as blind regardless of what you put in their eyes.

That guy is in a heap of trouble if some headlights or a flashlight beam hits his eyes. I can't hardly see to drive on an overcast day after the Eye Doctor dilates my pupils.

I wouldn't volunteer for any backyard "biohack" like that, especially when my survival depends on my vision all the time, not just at night.

I won't disagree that this kind of night vision would be nice, but until they do a bunch of clinical trials and then it is widely used and proved not to rot your eyes out of your skull, I will pass.

I would rather spend spend money on state of the art electronic NV

I thought to get eyes like that "you had to kill a few people, then you got to get sent to a slam, where they tell you you'll never see daylight again. You dig up a doctor, and you pay him 20 menthol Kools to do a surgical shine job on your eyeballs."

Ray

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads