JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
UH HUH

Had a young fella come in a while back with a broken pot metal gun, a large band aid on his forehead and a real sour attitude about the entire situation.

The front of the slide broke off, the recoil spring and the front bulkhead of the slide went down wind and the slide caught him slightly off center a glancing blow.

Had it hit him square, he likely would not be here.

I prefer machined and heat treated steel thank you kindly

Snowy

UH HUH

Had a young fella come in a while back with a broken pot metal gun, a large band aid on his forehead and a real sour attitude about the entire situation.

The front of the slide broke off, the recoil spring and the front bulkhead of the slide went down wind and the slide caught him slightly off center a glancing blow.

Had it hit him square, he likely would not be here.

I prefer machined and heat treated steel thank you kindly

Snowy

Was the gun in question here a Hi-Point?

By the way, took the Mak out yesterday and ran some rounds thru it. Realized that I have a nice IWB holster that it's been sitting in forever. This gun is reliable. It's a little big for a gun of it's caliber, but that's not always a bad thing. It may even get carried sometime just cuz I can. Not going to enter in the Hi-Point praising or bashing cuz I have no experience, but if you buy a Mak you won't be disappointed.

With minimal exceptions, the guns that blow up usually have help.

Plugged barrel (Squibb, overloads, mud, etc)

Actual design flaws are rare, butttttttttttttttttt, using inferior metals is just asking for an issue.

Actually, when these guns that use the Zinc slides fail, its not a blow up.
The round fires, the chamber holds the load, and then the recoil forces the slide rearwards as it is supposed to, but then due to a failure of the casting at the forward bulkhead, the slide forgets to stop.

:s0095:

As I said before, heat treated steel make a far better slide.

Snowy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads