JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey @matts , hold my beer.

I think many people fail to appreciate the flexibility that the AR platform provides. My latest idea to demonstrate that flexibility is to design a 12ga barrel that can used with either a lower or upper AR receiver, possibly both. We have already seen 410 uppers commercially available so moving on to 12ga and skipping 20ga seems like a logical evolution. Slam fire style seems too easy so if you have any ideas for incorporating the AR15 trigger system, please share. This project idea is in the infancy stage so stay tuned for more detailed ideas on how this could be put together.

Edit: An advantage of this firearm project is that a virgin receiver can used which will allow a legal short barrel Firearm to be made comparable to the mossberg shockwave in OAL dimensions but with an even shorter barrel.

Last Edited:
Looks like a commercial 12ga upper is being made for 308 ARs. Out of my budget range though.

Edit: And surprise a belt fed 12ga upper for AR15. Again will probably be out of my price range if it hits the market.

I have decided for my first 12ga AR attempt to go with a simple slam fire design. Barrel length will be the minimum length necessary to achieve a 26+ inch length so it can be classified as a "Firearm"

If I can make this functional, the next design will incorporate a locking barrel and use the factory AR trigger system.

Pipe gathering and prep will begin this week.

This guy went overkill imho but it turned out pretty sweet.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top