JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have both Factory HK, Cohaire and Century.

The Century has welds that look just as good as the Factory, BUT here are the differences.

1. They are built from Refurbished Malaysian HK33's (Factory HK, but Used Parts)
2. My Stock Set was painted, but I was able to rub off most of the paint to see the rack numbers underneath.
3. The Receivers are NOT painted, at least mine was not, it was Phosphated. (more of a grey finish)
4. The Century US parts are not the best quality. (Grip frame is not good, and not upto my standards, I replaced it with a US made PTR grip frame and it looks much much better.)
5. They included the Factory bolt carrier, so that is a huge plus. I am happy about that.
6. Mine was not Canted, and everything lines up well.
7. Mine functions well, and the price was right.
8. Mags are Factory HK, and work well.

Overall, After you replace some of the US made parts, such as the Grip Frame Housing, you'll end up with a very nice HK Clone that functions. Just be aware of checking the bolt gap before and after you shoot it the first few times to ensure that you don't need to send it back.

My Century 93 does not chew up brass. But, it will not feed Wolf ammo. Great gun but, get one with at least .015 bolt gap. Henderson Defense sells C93's that are test fired and bolt gap checked. Good luck

I have read the HK design chews up brass, is that true?

It's way over exaggerated by prissy, newbie HK shooters. Buy and install a port buffer and you'll be fine. The fluting makes tiny marks but you can still reload it. HK is one of the most reliable rifles out there, due to the roller lock action and those flutes. I own several 7.62 HK rifles

The guys over at HKPro forums have been giving this particular Century build good reviews.. I want a 93 myself and was planning on an expensive custom build, but I am going to try a Century, first. If nothing else if it's reasonably reliable it could be my shooter and I could keep a custom build for the real deal

http://hkpro.com/forum/index.php

the century rifle is the cetme a rifle developed by Spain and production rights were sold to HK Who made the clone.most parts interchange between the two.

Um, yes Century makes a CETME clone.. but we are talking HK93 (5.56) rifles and not 7.62 NATO CETMEs. The HK equivalent of the CETME is the HK91. Many of the current import kits are from Malaysia and were G33 select fire.. Century, Vector and custom builders are making them into the semi auto 93 configs. Some guys with Vectors and custom builds with new US barrels are reporting 1 MOA groups

The Vector is about $1250

The C93 from Century is $500

The custom build I'll eventually put together is going to be about $1400 but it will be pretty sweet

Um, yes Century makes a CETME clone.. but we are talking HK93 (5.56) rifles and not 7.62 NATO CETMEs. The HK equivalent of the CETME is the HK91. Many of the current import kits are from Malaysia and were G33 select fire.. Century, Vector and custom builders are making them into the semi auto 93 configs. Some guys with Vectors and custom builds with new US barrels are reporting 1 MOA groups

The Vector is about $1250

The C93 from Century is $500

The custom build I'll eventually put together is going to be about $1400 but it will be pretty sweet

If you know where to get a C93 for 500.00, please let me know. Thanks

TRlSMN,
Thanks for the info. Yes, they are 499.00, but only come with one mag.

I did call Hendersen Defense, as TOVO, refered to above and they have them for 569.00 (on sale).

They do test fire the guns in checking for proper firing, extracting and bolt gaps. They mention they vary.

They also say you cannot return the rifles to them if you have bolt gap problems, but the gun function otherwise.

It might be worth paying a little extra to someone for test firing a gun before you purchase?

Thanks for the info.

TRlSMN,
Thanks for the info. Yes, they are 499.00, but only come with one mag.

I did call Hendersen Defense, as TOVO, refered to above and they have them for 569.00 (on sale).

They do test fire the guns in checking for proper firing, extracting and bolt gaps. They mention they vary.

They also say you cannot return the rifles to them if you have bolt gap problems, but the gun function otherwise.

It might be worth paying a little extra to someone for test firing a gun before you purchase?

Thanks for the info.

Well the deal doesn't seem to bad with an extra mag and the bayonet. There policy of checking the bolt gap and then not offering a return if bolt gap is bad is somewhat baffling to me though.

..Aren't the Vectors discontinued?

I wish HK would make a special run of these rifles with their nitro carburized HE finish on the steel. That would sell me in an instant. I'm still trying to figure out if they process the steel in their SL8 or G36 rifles in the same manner...

Well the deal doesn't seem to bad with an extra mag and the bayonet. There policy of checking the bolt gap and then not offering a return if bolt gap is bad is somewhat baffling to me though.

Good news is they come with a 1 year warranty from Century

Bad news is that a few people have had to send their rifles in several times before Century does them right

..Aren't the Vectors discontinued?

I wish HK would make a special run of these rifles with their nitro carburized HE finish on the steel. That would sell me in an instant. I'm still trying to figure out if they process the steel in their SL8 or G36 rifles in the same manner...

Since HK is now in the USA this is a definite possibility. I would love an original HK 93

Since HK is now in the USA this is a definite possibility. I would love an original HK 93

It seems, though, that they aren't at all interested in the US market, even though it's one of their largest. I don't understand, when they have such potential here, and they are already well established, even in the US. Legendary, IMO.

They seem more interested in selling G36s to the Georgians, but that's another story.

It seems, though, that they aren't at all interested in the US market, even though it's one of their largest. I don't understand, when they have such potential here, and they are already well established, even in the US. Legendary, IMO.

They seem more interested in selling G36s to the Georgians, but that's another story.

Yes, HK has become rather strange since the Bush/Klinton bans. They were burned and now seem reluctant to offer us the best goodies

I went the route of imported HKs instead of assembled from parts.

I have the Turkish MP5. It is made by MKE, which has the license (and tools) from HK to build MP5s. It is imported by ATI (and then modified to have the 16-inch barrel, making it legal for civilian use). I have not shot any other MP5 except this one, so, I have nothing to compare it with.

ATI did not even make an attempt to change anything else from the import. The manual (from MKE) even talks about the full automatic settings, which of course was disabled. All that ATI did to the manual was paste a sticker on the cover that says something like "some functions are not exactly the same". :)

Here is the link from the ATI website.
<broken link removed>

I bought mine last year from Atlantic Firearms (I think ATI does not sell this rifle directly to consumers).

Now, I'm hoping that ATI would import 5.56 and 7.62 MKE/HK rifles.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top