Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

HK91 PORT BUFFER

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by ditchtiger, Feb 14, 2016.

1. ditchtiger

ditchtiger In the sticks, Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

bolus likes this.
  2. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I have a nice HK-91.
    The finish is not all tore up from a port buffer. And the HK claw mount scope.

Now you want me to deface it? :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  3. ditchtiger

Sure, have at it.
    I have a nice CETME, not so concerned about the finish.

4. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I shoot the HK. And it works fine as is.
    If you like the buffer. Go for it. But I won't do deliberate damage to any gun I own.

I understand reloaders like to save their brass. But I won't damage a $3000 rifle to save some .20 cent brass?

5. ditchtiger

Hey, the product is what it is, stops brass from getting sent to never never land. It's a trade off, If you want to get your brass back this helps. As I stated in the first post. .20 cents brass aint didly untill it comes into the thousands of rounds saved.
    I shoot 1000's
    No disrespect implied, I go through ammo. I want the brass back.

Medic! likes this.
  6. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

I've had one on my 80's HK91 almost since I got the thing. Cuts down on the the case wall ding and shortens the ejection throw from about 15 yards to about 5 yards.

I've never taken it off in 20 years so I don't know if there's any damage to the coating or not. But then, I bought it to shoot it; not to have it look pretty.

elsie

7. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

lol your comment reminded me of that old reload video

8. Medic!

There is possible damage.

And you didn't have to scratch up your $3000. Excuse me $2000 dollar rifle for it to shoot just fine.

But It is yours. So have at it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  9. ditchtiger

Before I got the buffer was the time I had the idea of having a friend stop the shells with a 5g plastic bucket. He started yelling at me to stop shooting at about round 15 as the bottom of the bucket was cracking. Another time a buddy was firing off the driver side door, window down. He wanted a better rest position so he slid onto the set more and braced off the stearing wheel. the first empty to come out made an 8 inch spider web on the windshield. Had thought of a backstop with PVC and a blanket but seemed like more trouble than its worth.