JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been waiting for them to get it out. Might be a great match to my Walther PPQ. Now I just need them to make a VP40
I saw July release for VP9 but someone told me never gonna happen so we'll see

I thought they got into it in 1970.. 12 years before Glock.. polymer, polygonal and burst fire too
800px-Vp70z.jpg

Striker fired does not equate to "cheap" necessarily - it does reduce # of parts in the gun, and simplifies some things. HK produced another striker fired gun - the P7 - which could never be called cheap - and have a cult like following. That was a far more successful gun than the VP70. But when HK decided to drop it and begin tweaking the USP line every three weeks (or so it seems, with all the trigger variants and special editions etc) - they ditched striker fired systems. Keep in mind that HK's primary target audience was military contracts - and most military contracts spec hammer fired double strike capable guns with manual safeties or at least decockers double action triggers etc etc.

The HK P30 is the sweetest, most ergonomic pistol I've ever fondled, but until I hit the mega millions or powerball jackpot - I'm not dropping a grand, or close to a grand, on any pistol - especially a polymer pistol. The VP9 is rumored to have an MSRP of about $700 - which means a street price in the $650 range - which puts it just a hair over a Gen 4 Glock from most dealers. A lot more tempting for a schmuck like me.

It also uses P30 mags - and will likely fit some/most P30 holsters - so there are already accessories to support the gun. In a way - HK did with the P30/VP9 what Sig did with the P250/320 - they took a hammer fired gun, made some tweaks, and build a striker fired platform out of it with some common parts between the two.

True, but that was not a very successful pistol. A safety where the mag release should be, Euro style butt mag release and the funkiest trigger in history. I think the VP9 will by a slight improvement.
Yea, it's just the/your "getting into" quip/posit compelled me to say they started doing that over forty years ago.

I am not a HK fan, I think they make good quality guns but their prices piss me off lol. Having said all that, I am interested in purchasing one...... but I am also interested in the new shield without the safety. Decisions decisions :(

It's not about money. HK makes some nice arse guns, that's for true.. MP-5 yadda. It's more about just getting a viable platform and becoming proficient and comfortable with it. I chose the Hi-Power long ago as back then, there were limited semi autos, especially in America (though like 120 countries used it at that time militarily).. it was a simple decision and I'd do it again given the circumstances.
A flavor of the week gun is counter productive.
I find it interesting but understandable that some in this thread say "I'm going to get all the colors! (be the rainbow!) while having essentially a very high "feedback"/sell count.
come on.. a gun isn't a purse

Looking forward to it being released and reading a few reviews before I decide if I can't live without one.
That said, HK makes a high quality accurate firearm and with their recoil reduction system it will be interesting to see how this one handles. I expect it will be a step up from the competition.

It also uses P30 mags - and will likely fit some/most P30 holsters - so there are already accessories to support the gun. In a way - HK did with the P30/VP9 what Sig did with the P250/320 - they took a hammer fired gun, made some tweaks, and build a striker fired platform out of it with some common parts between the two.

I think that P320 looks a lot cleaner than the VP9, although I prefer
the slide contour on the P250 much better. I would opt for the P320 myself. No trigger safety would be a deal breaker for me tough. I believe
Sig does offers one for the LE market, so if would be at least
theoretically possible to switch out at some point.

Last Edited:
As certaindeaf said I believe in finding a viable platform sticking with it and becoming as proficient as possible. Because of a steal ppt a few years back that has been HK for me and I've grown fond and trusting of the platform. Can't wait to try this baby out.

P.S.
I still want me a Hi-Power

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top