Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

HK USP compact 9mm thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by MILLHOUZ, Mar 15, 2011.

1. MILLHOUZ

MILLHOUZ Eugene/Newberg New Member

Im looking into getting a USP 9mm. probly compact.
    Just want to hear comments on the performance of the gun.
    Also if anybody has one they are looking to let go of.

2. SJS46

SJS46 yamhill county Active Member

This should be in the hand gun discussion section.

3. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

If you're not stuck on the USP I'd look into the P2000 or P30 stuff. the triggers are a little better and the controls are extended and ambi.

That said..... you can't go wrong with an HK the USP is a solid gun with a solid proven design. They tend to cycle smoothly and are very accurate.

I wouldn't be turned away by anything new from HK, they test thuroughly at their factory unlike some gun companies that leave the BETA testing up to us.

4. wyecoyote

wyecoyote Pierce County, WA New Member

Have an HK USP in 9mm. Had it for about 15+ years. Wouldn't let it go for anything. I couldn't count how many rounds has been through it. Well worth the price I paid years ago and then some. What I would say in the draw back is the overall size for CC. Little bulky for it though I do use a shoulder holster with a heavy coat during the winter. I would check out the P2000 or P30 for slightly smaller and more compact in size. I would never hesitate buying another H&K product. Accept the price hurts.

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Like someone mentioned before, try P30 or P2000 before getting USP.

I have not found any handguns that feel good as P30L. Maybe 1911.

Either way, you will be happy with the purchase!

6. lonegunman

lonegunman Eastern Washington Active Member

I've owned a USP 45 for many years. It is not exactly compact, but it is accurate and very realiable. I don't think it has ever jammed.

7. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I have the USPc in .40S&W and I love it. I keep it in my BOB.

8. KRISSTDI

KRISSTDI Oregon Member

I am not a 9mm fan at all after seeing what it can do in the field (LE/Mil). Therefore I would go with the USP 45 or USP 40. It may be a great gun, but I would get a larger caliber if it was me. However, if this gun is in the $400 range then I would buy one used for cheap and throw it in the safe. lol

9. Grommit327

Grommit327 Buckley Active Member

Just to add to it I have a P2000 in .40 and love it. Somewhere around 1500 rounds with zero issues. DA is stiff and long(haha) but SA shoots good for me. Makes a great carry gun since it's so reliable and not too bulky

10. Lincoln4

Lincoln4 Buckley, WA Member

Do yourself a favor and go to a range where you can rent several different guns. Shoot them and find which one works best for you. I bought a USP 40 compact based upon many recommendations and ended up hating it. Everybody's different. Now I stick with my Sig P226.