JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got back from two weeks in the wilderness......

Rumor on the street is that HK is going to release a SP5 with the threaded tri lug Navy barrel? Not the current SP5K.......a correct pistol version of the MP5 that can be SBR'd.

Sporting Systems....do you know anything about this?

-E-

Rumor confirmed............

Screenshot_20191123-054053.jpg

This may be of interest:

Thank you for that CG.........I have one coming. Price was $2400. I am already seeing them popping up on Gun Broker for around the $3000 mark and a local store in Washington was also advertising one for $2999 which I think is too steep and well above MSRP. I guess if they can get $3k out of one that's good for business but it won't be with my money and I will make a mental note about that for the future.

The local HK rep tells me that these will be a regular item from HK along with a newer version of the SP5K (paddle release and tri lug barrel). I will send mine off to TCS to be remarked and refinished with the correct "MP-5" markings and for removal of the warning labels. After that it will be SBR'd and fitted with a A3 stock. Looking forward to the project.

-E-

Damn, $2500. Phew.

Too much for me. E let me know if you want to get together so I can live vicariously through yours.

Damn, $2500. Phew.

Too much for me. E let me know if you want to get together so I can live vicariously through yours.
I was in your shoes most of my adult gun loving life lol... never thought I would get a MP5. Watching Die Hard, I always felt like something was missing. Last month we got three paychecks, and several months ago I quit smoking so I had all the excuses to justify my want and I ordered a POF MP5 for $1350. Yeah not cheap but at least I didn't get shafted like I would have if I bought a HK. I get it, it's good quality blah blah blah when you go with the HK, and yes my POF doesn't have the same finish and doesn't look as fancy with all the HK markings, but for the price of the SP5, I can get a POF MP5 and a POF 5PK. To each their own, if you can afford a $2800+ HK, go right ahead. Personally I love my POF and with the money I saved, I bought the HKPDW SB Tactical brace, four mags (two curved and 2 pre-ban straight mags) and 2K rounds of 9mm.... I am $2160 into it and I am still ahead IMO. I have put 700 flawless rounds through my POF and no issues.

These guns are simply awesome, accurate, no muzzle flip, and recoil is very manageable. It is begging to be shot full auto :D

I was in your shoes most of my adult gun loving life lol... never thought I would get a MP5. Watching Die Hard, I always felt like something was missing. Last month we got three paychecks, and several months ago I quit smoking so I had all the excuses to justify my want and I ordered a POF MP5 for $1350. Yeah not cheap but at least I didn't get shafted like I would have if I bought a HK. I get it, it's good quality blah blah blah when you go with the HK, and yes my POF doesn't have the same finish and doesn't look as fancy with all the HK markings, but for the price of the SP5, I can get a POF MP5 and a POF 5PK. To each their own, if you can afford a $2800+ HK, go right ahead. Personally I love my POF and with the money I saved, I bought the HKPDW SB Tactical brace, four mags (two curved and 2 pre-ban straight mags) and 2K rounds of 9mm.... I am $2160 into it and I am still ahead IMO. I have put 700 flawless rounds through my POF and no issues.

These guns are simply awesome, accurate, no muzzle flip, and recoil is very manageable. It is begging to be shot full auto :D
If it was closer to 1k, it would be easier.

Ive already got the CMMG radial delayed 9mm, which is comparable.

Would love a clone.

Would freaking love an actual HK...

Even if it is released I won't be willing to pay HK prices for it.
To me, HK is like Toyota. Yes they are nice and well built but how much more am I paying because of the name? Everyone says Toyotas last forever, my sister's RAV4 took a deuce around 175K and she kept it maintained lol... but I digress. IMO the POF and MKE/Zenith would be my top picks before I even touch a HK. I am not a baller but I have the money for a HK but refuse to pay them that kind of money.

It's bad enough I have to pay $60 for a MP5 mag but they are reliable and I have to bite the bullet, no pun intended lol.

Last Edited:
The words "HK roller lock" and "economical" have never met each other. The fact that even a Pakistani made POF copy can command $1300+ tells you where the market is.

Yes, you pay a heavy premium for the letters "HK" but we do that with alot of other firearms as well that are functionally the same guns. Colt vs Rock Island. Daniel Defense vs Palmetto State. Winchester vs Rossi. Someone coined the term "poverty pony" in reference to Anderson, which, while funny, promotes the perception that anything not an Anderson is of higher value. We.....firearm enthusiasts......set our own market.

Another factor that drives price is the firearm lore surrounding a particular weapon. People are willing to pay a premium to get the real thing. Put a U.S.government marked 1911 and a commercial model on the table side by side and guess which one I'd check out first.

British commandos didn't storm the Iranian embassy in Operation Nimrod carrying clone copies of the MP-5. They carried HKs.

-E-

Last Edited:
Is PTR the only domestic HK style pistol? For 922r purposes.

It's the most commonly produced one. Omega, Parabellum Combat, RDTS, Investment Grade Firearms are some other less known manufacturers. Palmetto State keeps claiming that they will be introducing a version, but so far no one has seen it.

-E-

Thank you for that CG.........I have one coming. Price was $2400. I am already seeing them popping up on Gun Broker for around the $3000 mark and a local store in Washington was also advertising one for $2999 which I think is too steep and well above MSRP. I guess if they can get $3k out of one that's good for business but it won't be with my money and I will make a mental note about that for the future.

The local HK rep tells me that these will be a regular item from HK along with a newer version of the SP5K (paddle release and tri lug barrel). I will send mine off to TCS to be remarked and refinished with the correct "MP-5" markings and for removal of the warning labels. After that it will be SBR'd and fitted with a A3 stock. Looking forward to the project.

-E-
Where did you find one for 2400 when they're 3k everywhere else? That's not an insignificant savings

Damn, $2500. Phew.

Likes of this post can be substituted for "I was going to say that", "count me in" or "I will bring ammo if you bring the gun!"...

Maybe one day...
:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews