JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Another ''Gun Nerd Episode''.

Today we look at the HK P7.
Now You probably don't care about. Or even want to understand this odd duck.
But that's Tuff! You people need to learn some gun stuff. :s0012:

It's a gas delayed pistol. There is a hole just in front of the chamber that directs gas down into a cylinder in the frame, and against a piston mounted to the front of the slide. Delaying rearward movement of the slide.
The hotter the round. The more the rearward resistance.

The chamber is also fluted. To help with extraction. And the barrel is fixed to the frame.

''Squeezing'' the gun stages it to fire, and takes what feels like 10-12 lbs. Then a light trigger pull fires the gun. Or you can pull the trigger and give it a squeeze to fire it.

The gun is short overall compared to it's barrel length. With a 6-1/2'' slide. And a 4-1/4'' barrel.
The magazine is set far to the rear of the gun and it's very vertical. This put's the chamber well behind the trigger.

So that's it. There will be no test.
You all ''Pass''. :D

DSCN4871.JPG DSCN4872.JPG DSCN4874.JPG DSCN4876.JPG DSCN4878.JPG

OK............ Your not getting an F or anything.

But I am keeping you away from the glue paste. o_O
Oh you. These were available from the armory back in the day.
I seem to remember the actual armorer said that there was like one critical part that would always fail..
nice gun otherwise

Some think I ruined mine but I couldn't help NP3 coating it and adding the Nills grips... just like this one.

I really like the P7 and would get another if their prices didn't go through the roof.

sazaba5y.jpg

Just an additional note, although it takes an initial 8-10lbs to squeeze in the front strap, when you hear a click, you can relax you grip somewhat as it then only takes about 1lb of pressure to keep it cocked.

I remember back in Germany one of the NCO's checked one of them into my arms room. He just purchased it through the rod and gun club in Graff. None of us were really thrilled by that front grip safety. However, it was a neat little pistol and if it ever ran out of bullets I would enjoy throwing it at whatever I was shooting at.

Can the squeeze grip be pinned in place? (holds hand up and moves pointer finger in squeeze motion) this is my safety.
I have passed on these, never shot one, watched the old Hk sales video on youtube a few times. Awesome looking at the 70s-80s shooters attire.

:D

These were some of the best shooting, striker fired, single action firearms ever produced. The trigger was so crisp and short- I've carried my p7m8 since the 1990's. There just hasn't been anything to replace it. Picked it up "used" for $650...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top