Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

HK p30 opinion

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by LMT10mm, Oct 8, 2015.

1. LMT10mm

LMT10mm Hillsboro Member

Howdy y'all!

I'm hoping to get your opinions on the P30, specifically chambered in 9mm. I'm familiar with HK as a have a full size USP and hk45t. I have my next purchased narrowed down to the sig m11-a1 or the p30. As always, advice and insight is always appreciated.

2. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

I really like mine. Fits the hand like a glove. The only down side is the trigger. However after a trip to Grey Guns, it is now my favorite 9m.

3. LMT10mm

LMT10mm Hillsboro Member

Hows the trigger? Long double, mushy single, bad reset? I really like the aesthetic looks! Shoots bruh...

4. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

You have a HK45t. I have an HK45c. The trigger on the P30 has a longer travel and reset. Many have no problem with it. I am actually looking to pick up its little brother, the new P30sk. But it will most likely be sent to Bruce Grey to work his magic on. I am spoiled now.

Quacky88 and Oathkeeper1775 like this.
  5. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I wouldn't say spoiled. I would say, discerning HK owner.
    I used to have a USP and USP45T. Went to check one out, and handled the HK45 during the same visit. It felt so good, made me wonder what I thought was so good about the USP....

Oathkeeper1775 likes this.
  6. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

P30 in 9mm is my CC. Has all the works from Grayguns plus Trijicon HD sights. Love this gun.

Quacky88 likes this.
  7. Quacky88

Quacky88 Oregon Active Member

Only had the pleasure of shooting one, and it made it on the MUST own list. I'm a big HK platform fan and heard about the magic Bruce Gray works on triggers in the HKPRO forum, just haven't had the $$$ or patience in between buying more guns. Happy to hear some fellow NWF members with the positive opinions of his work.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  8. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I have owned 2 P30s. One in 9mm and one in .40. The are by far the best.. feeling.. handguns I have ever felt. they seem to melt into your hand. The only reason I don't own one now is I traded it for a W German Sig P228.

I will say I DO own a HK45 Tac.. which is pretty much a P30 in 45 acp + the threaded barrel.

9. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Great ergonomics, crappy triggers