JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to go off the ranch and say POF MP-5 variant.
I hav a real HK-94 and a POF-MP5. I've found no notable difference between the two when at the range, and running drills.
I have the same set up on each (Holosun 501C on a flat claw mount).

Personally, I think both the MP5 (POF) and the MPX would suit for you, just a matter of clearly defining it's use.

My thoughts....
Suppressed, I prefer the MP5 type platform. Both the HK and MPX have been extremely reliable for me. Collection purposes, I would go HK.
SHTF and had to grab one or the other? MPX

tempImageuxhTui.png

Last Edited:
I'm going to go off the ranch and say POF MP-5 variant.
I hav a real HK-94 and a POF-MP5. I've found no notable difference between the two when at the range, and running drills.
I have the same set up on each (Holosun 501C on a flat claw mount).

Personally, I think both the MP5 (POF) and the MPX would suit for you, just a matter of clearly defining it's use.
It has been awhile since any of the POF guns have been imported. Atlantic Firearms had the last batch almost two years ago. Atlantic stated that they didn't expect any future shipments.

-E-

Interesting… why? I run my APC9K with Glock lower in competitions every month. Never had a hiccup. Is there a reliability issue?
Its more a feed issue in full auto. Double column double feed are MUCH easier to load and more reliable at speed. Load Glock mags and HK or Uzi mags side by side. World of difference.

Its more a feed issue in full auto. Double column double feed are MUCH easier to load and more reliable at speed. Load Glock mags and HK or Uzi mags side by side. World of difference.
You can even load a double stack with one hand!

Ahhhh. Unfortunately I don't have that full auto problem. I do have the B&T lower with their double feed mags. They are easier to load, but I like having magazines that work in my PCC and Glock 19. As for speed, I'm old and slow, the Glock mags have been great. I think the Glock 32 round mag is the epitome of reliability. But I guess that's what Glock is known for.

Ahhhh. Unfortunately I don't have that full auto problem. I do have the B&T lower with their double feed mags. They are easier to load, but I like having magazines that work in my PCC and Glock 19. As for speed, I'm old and slow, the Glock mags have been great. I think the Glock 32 round mag is the epitome of reliability. But I guess that's what Glock is known for.
Glock mags are clunky compared to many other mags. Thats 40's tech right there. Uzi's , HK's , hell dozens of other double feed mags are far superior in ability to load and unload.

I'd go with the SIG, but I'm a poor, so went with a Stribog plus a Scorpion.
For the price of the HK, say $3600ish, you could just about get a Scorpion, a Stribog and a PTR 9CK or 9C, ( currently in stock at Buds for under $1700 and $1800 ), then you're pretty much covered.
I keep playing with MP5 clones and there's been a tempting couple, including a POF in the NW classifieds, but HK slap < no LRBHO.

For the price of the HK, say $3600ish, you could just about get a Scorpion, a Stribog and a PTR 9CK or 9C, ( currently in stock at Buds for under $1700 and $1800 ), then you're pretty much covered.
I keep playing with MP5 clones and there's been a tempting couple, including a POF in the NW classifieds, but HK slap < no LRBHO.
When would the LRBHO ever be of use? Actual HK's are like classic cars. They are investments that retain their value and long as you dont beat on them which means you cant beat on them unless you don't care about them as an investment in which case buy the PTR . Its sear ready out of the box and you arent going to make any fanboys cry if it falls off the back of your truck.

When would the LRBHO ever be of use? Actual HK's are like classic cars. They are investments that retain their value and long as you dont beat on them which means you cant beat on them unless you don't care about them as an investment in which case buy the PTR . Its sear ready out of the box and you arent going to make any fanboys cry if it falls off the back of your truck.
I'm a busy man, who has time to manually pull back a charging handle between mags- also I like my gun to tell me when it's empty, before I pull the trigger on an empty chamber and let everyone else at the range see my flinch.

I get your point, it's not like i'm clearing Nakatomi Plaza, but LRBHO just feels like a baseline feature these days. No nice things for me as I'm also a massively clumbsy f'ker who drops stuff a lot. Ask my kids.

Last Edited:
I also was looking at the sp5(k) and clones but decided to go with stribog cuz the pcc category was not worth it to me to spend a lot of $ on. So I bought the stribog, Glock 34, Jericho steel frame, classic pre-WW1 JP Sauer SxS 12 gauge, .22 suppressor and stamp all for less than the $2700 the hk would have cost. So I scratched a lot of itches with great guns instead of 1 gun, which was a better fit for me as I did not want to spend a lot on the pcc category. That's just how I valued things and the next guy might feel totally different which is great. Got to do what fits for you and what u like/value.

Stribog has been ultra reliable for me and extremely accurate. I know Garand thumb said he preferred Stribog A1 (non roller delayed version) to a B&T GHM9 but I have never shot an mp5 or mpx so I can't compare. FWIW Garand thumb also said mp5 and B&T APC-9 has less recoil than Stribog A1 but Stribog A1 recoils less or on par than GHM-9. I would trust my life to the Stribog no question and it is a total blast to shoot. Fwiw another truck gun I like a lot is the brn-180 10.5" with folding brace (or stock if u sbr it) but then that's not a pcc. If collectibility is #1 factor HK is the way to go imo but any good quality gun is not going to lose much. Hk could appreciate more than the others potentially though. 2 cents. Pics of BRN-180 from internet for size reference. Recoil impulse is nice on BRN-180 imo.
68C8803B-0E14-47CD-96CD-6C1B16768929.jpeg
ED750F03-5860-4E47-BFBB-EE5678970184.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR