JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If anyone is interested I see one dealer has PTR longer barrel version (similar to Sp5) in stock for $1699. Maybe they r in stock everywhere now I dunno haven't been looking. Shorter barrel version is $1799 at that site. Maybe local dealers have them also I dunno. Just FYI
View attachment 893171
I just saw AIM surp had the shorter barrel one 5.xx" with 3 lug and threaded for the $1699.99 might have been on sale?? Was in one of this last weeks flyers. (Flier?)
Seems like an odd choice to me when you could just get a glock amd upgrade the heck out of it amd be a heck of lot more compact and light weight for the same price.

I just saw AIM surp had the shorter barrel one 5.xx" with 3 lug and threaded for the $1699.99 might have been on sale?? Was in one of this last weeks flyers. (Flier?)
Seems like an odd choice to me when you could just get a glock amd upgrade the heck out of it amd be a heck of lot more compact and light weight for the same price.
You can easily mow the center out of any target you want with the PTR. Suppresses at a whole other level, soft shooting, gets oohs and awes at the range except from HK guys. Put a A3 stock on a PTR and its a thing of beauty. Put a stock on a Glock and people laugh at you. you know, stuff like that.

Fwiw Glock with brace and a PCC are seperate categories for me. But I like them both. Glock is a lightweight, reliable, utilitarian weapon that to me gets huge benefits with extra stability from a brace. Has obvious downsides to size etc. though.

It depends on ur intended use I think. Both are great options. I especially like the idea of a 17L with 6" barrel and a brace. I'm thinking of adding a threaded barrel to my g34 to get to a 5.8"-6" length (5.2" is stock length I think).

I am not a fan at all of the "carbine kit" products that put a big cage around the gun like micro roni but that's just me. I do like the more simple braces though like those shown below.

Fe some glock folding brace options that are surprisingly very inexpensive:
AE28EAE8-9585-4DCF-9FFE-EBC1DC44FFCE.jpeg
9F2337CA-7DC4-43FD-8E5A-CA08E8BFD24C.jpeg

and an expensive telescoping, spring loaded flux brace.
2777371B-72C7-4971-84EF-1AA178F38EAB.jpeg
B28D036F-033F-4397-9634-4C8AC12EBC88.jpeg
We have so many great choices now we are lucky. It's kinda like if a rifle is a laptop and a pistol a smartphone, then a pcc is an iPad and a Glock with brace an iPad mini. God bless America!

Last Edited:
You can easily mow the center out of any target you want with the PTR. Suppresses at a whole other level, soft shooting, gets oohs and awes at the range except from HK guys. Put a A3 stock on a PTR and its a thing of beauty. Put a stock on a Glock and people laugh at you. you know, stuff like that.
Yeah it has benifits ill give you that thats for sure. And theres definitely an apeal for the diversity play no matter what it is.
I'll admit ive ALWAYS wanted to shoot an MP# I think its because it was one of the first to capture my draw when i was young. The H&K stuff was just so different looking.

But alas im pretty poor and i need more utility out of a gun. Probably if i tried a PTR/H&K it woukd change my mind quite a bit, but i think over all i would stick with the glock for the Major power factor reasons, theres really just too many to name. Their cheap beater trucks, tons of upgrades. Personally I'd want 10mm or 460 rowland large frame with a big stick mag, you can rocket out lighter wieght stuff that will just grenade on impact or heavier stuff that will freight train. I as well DONT like the roni type stuff. I like the foldable minimalist stocks.
The only major downside is suppressed the glocks are like a floppy wet noodle and theres no way around that. And thats a pretty big downside, but thats kinda also whith the stock. Without its a little better.

This is a decent video worth watching granted its a G17 and not a 20/21 but this is what I'd prefer. Also I realize its kinda apples to oranges with SBR vs pistol.

Yeah it has benifits ill give you that thats for sure. And theres definitely an apeal for the diversity play no matter what it is.
I'll admit ive ALWAYS wanted to shoot an MP# I think its because it was one of the first to capture my draw when i was young. The H&K stuff was just so different looking.

But alas im pretty poor and i need more utility out of a gun. Probably if i tried a PTR/H&K it woukd change my mind quite a bit, but i think over all i would stick with the glock for the Major power factor reasons, theres really just too many to name. Their cheap beater trucks, tons of upgrades. Personally I'd want 10mm or 460 rowland large frame with a big stick mag, you can rocket out lighter wieght stuff that will just grenade on impact or heavier stuff that will freight train. I as well DONT like the roni type stuff. I like the foldable minimalist stocks.
The only major downside is suppressed the glocks are like a floppy wet noodle and theres no way around that. And thats a pretty big downside, but thats kinda also whith the stock. Without its a little better.

This is a decent video worth watching granted its a G17 and not a 20/21 but this is what I'd prefer. Also I realize its kinda apples to oranges with SBR vs pistol.
That setup in 10mm would be a blast. I also like the minimalist approach cuz it adds stability while keeping the gun the same overall, Fe all controls are the same. In contrast to the minimalist approach, it seems to me some of the bigger and more complex plastic cage-type glock "pcc conversions" try to turn a Glock into a pcc, changing controls, adding a plastic cage around the gun etc and seems more like bolt-on window dressing. Kind of ruins the simple, reliable, and effective nature of the gun by trying to make it into something it is not imo.

that's kind of what I was getting at in terms of PCCs being in a seperate category for me. I think of it in terms of these categories cuz a pcc is sort of a dedicated platform with different controls, fixed barrels, delayed blowback in some cases, etc. etc.:

1. Pistol
2. Pistol with enhanced stability
3. PCC like mp5, evo, stribog, mpx, cmmg etc

Im curious, u mentioned Glock with suppressor is like a "wet noodle", is that due to the moving barrel or is it due to the booster spring required for the suppressor (or both)? I have never tried a Glock with suppressor.

Im curious, u mentioned Glock with suppressor is like a "wet noodle", is that due to the moving barrel or is it due to the booster spring required for the suppressor (or both)? I have never tried a Glock with suppressor.
Yeah all of the above. I imagine. I too have never shot one suppressed, but I have watched videos on these "glock stock setups" and they complained about it. Not 100% sure if their setup had a booster or not.

The added weight out front combined with barrel "camming" or unlocking plus theres flex in the frame itself. Plus theres flex in that little add on stock.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top