JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Done!

Should people with a concealed handgun license be allowed to carry a gun on Oregon college & university campuses?
Read more about it here

Yes: 71%

No: 27%

I don't know: 2%

Blogged the related story too: <broken link removed>

Well that's why I asked, my university has a no weapons policy and it's a private campus. I thought that the rules of the private establishment took precedence.

Well that's why I asked, my university has a no weapons policy and it's a private campus. I thought that the rules of the private establishment took precedence.

I said it because I knew somebody would look over that word. I still have not heard a good answer to that question, either. I know if it's public, that will change soon, but I know private establishments have the right to deny it as well.

166.360 Definitions for ORS 166.360 to 166.380...

(4) "Public building" means a hospital, a capitol building, a public or private school, as defined in ORS 339.315, a college or university, a city hall or the residence of any state official elected by the state at large, and the grounds adjacent to each such building. The term also includes that portion of any other building occupied by an agency of the state or a municipal corporation, as defined in ORS 297.405, other than a court facility.

(3) As used in this section, "school" means:

(a) A public or private institution of learning providing instruction at levels kindergarten through grade 12, or their equivalents, or any part thereof;

(b) The grounds adjacent to the institution; and

(c) Any site or premises that at the time is being used exclusively for a student program or activity that is sponsored or sanctioned by the institution, a public school district, an education service district or a voluntary organization approved by the State Board of Education under ORS 339.430 and that is posted ...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top