JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Somebody last night freaking hit my wife's car, pushing into the car next to us. No note, no nothing. Good thing is, one of our neighbors heard the crash, saw the car driving away, and they identified them. There IS paint transfer, and obvious brand new front end damage. I took lots of pics and am now waiting for the cops to arrive. Anything I should do? I took pics of the tire tracks in the snow, my car, and the other car's damage.

There's only paint transfer from their car onto ours, not ours onto theirs :(

Some people

Pictures, write everything down - date, time, weather, where your car was, where other car was, damage, etc. This will also help get your story straight so you're telling the same story every time to police, insurance, etc.

Not sure how police resources are down your way, but up here, I doubt they'd do any kind of full investigation. If you can positively identify who did it, this may end up being a civil deal - in which case, all of your documentation will still come in handy.

Not to belittle your situation, but do remember we are in the middle of a snow storm and I am sure the cops have their hands full. Good luck though, I do hope you will be able to get some resolution.

Curious turn of events:

The cops show up, we explain situation, he takes some info and says he's going to research the license plate and he'll contact us when done. As we're walking back down a younger guy asks to use the phone saying he's stuck. I get my cellphone and slip a P32 into my pocket and go outside. I let him use the phone and tell him we have chains that don't fit our car, I'll check his to see if they fit.

His female friend comes out right as I tell him they won't fit, and asks if they'll fit her Dodge Stratus. A white Dodge Stratus is the car that hit us. She then tells me she's late for court and needs help. We get to her car and I ask her flat out did she hit my car last night...

"Oh that was you guys? So sorry!"

I walk with her to the officer and he proceeds to tell her she could be charged with hit and run blah blah blah. She might or might not have insurance, it's through her parent's name and she said she hadn't had the funds transferred yet for this month's payment... Tried calling and just got busy signal after busy signal.

In the end, the chains fit her car. They aren't worth crap to us so I let her have them hoping that the karma will be passed on and she'll have insurance and this will be easy. Wish me luck.

Thats great news....that you found the perp...

If she doesn't have insurance....don't accept a payment plan...been there, done that....

Tell her you need payment in full. Maybe her parents will help?

If not....get a court judgement against her...its unfortunate to have to go to that length, but its the only way to insure you have legal recourse.

Luckily the damage isn't that bad. In the mean time we can replace the tail light housing to stay legal. There appears to be not much damage to the framing so remove and replace should be possible.

damage.jpg

Thank God for father-in-laws with big trucks and some know how ;)

Very sucky and cool at the same time.

I say screw them because they didn't leave a note..
I have no faith in people anymore.

Once I let my car roll into another car in my parking lot, and put a small dent in the door.
I left a note, the next day the guy took a hammer to car and wrecked it to get the damages up.. Long story short I told him I would give him $200 for the original damages and if he knew what was good for him he would take it.

Never sen that guy again. Guess it helped I had pictures.

My old insurance company gave away free disposable cameras?

My 3000GT was hit in movie theater parking lot was able to obtain security cam video of the hit and run but was so poor could not tell who it was, my insurance co told me that they would not cover it bunch of excuses then wanted to jack my premium.

last time I have ever paid for full coverage!

Hope, you fair out well on this I know how it feel's.

My old insurance company gave away free disposable cameras?

My 3000GT was hit in movie theater parking lot was able to obtain security cam video of the hit and run but was so poor could not tell who it was, my insurance co told me that they would not cover it bunch of excuses then wanted to jack my premium.

last time I have ever paid for full coverage!

Hope, you fair out well on this I know how it feel's.

Most insurance companies will try to raise your premium even if it isn't your fault, but they also have the ability to leave it the way it is. Make sure they know that:D Good luck with everything and thank God no one was hurt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top