JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
J&B Firearm Sales, Inc. is looking to add part time sales representatives to it's staff. We are currently in search of energetic and knowledgeable individuals looking for part time work. You will be required to assist customers in firearms purchases, load, unload, and set up inventory for display, complete federal and state forms for firearms transactions, use software for invoicing, and work some weekends at gun shows. We are looking for individuals who have a passion about firearms and have the desire to help our customers, whether they are brand new owners making their first purchase or a seasoned collector.

We are hiring two applicants to work primarily Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Each position will have at least 2 full days per week. Flexible scheduling for college students. Veterans encouraged to apply.

Applicant should have:
Strong knowledge of firearms
Strong sales background
Knowledge of firearms paperwork or ability to quickly and easily learn new paperwork
Knowledge of NFA forms and procedures a plus
Have reliable transportation
Personal Handgun to wear while at work

Applicant should be able to:
Work Gun Shows in and out of Portland Metro including Overnight (Lodging & Meals Provided)
Handle up to 40 lbs of inventory regularly
Posses Valid Driver's License with clean driving history
Pass Federal & State Background Checks
Lawfully possess a Firearm

You will be required to be armed while working at the shop. Acquisition of Oregon Concealed Handgun License is required within 60 days of hiring.

Compensation: $10/hr to start, Employee Discount after 30 days.

What a great opportunity for an enthusiast who's schedule fits yours... Like @Stomper, sounds like the ideal retirement position. Perhaps once I grow into my retirement years there'll be a similar opportunity...
The employee discount is all purchases at cost. That's the real value for an enthusiast. I'm a pretty hard slave driver though, no room for slouching in my shop.

Would I have to be nice to people?

Oh well, I suppose I would. :( People, yuck!!!

Seriously, good luck on your search! Have a great holiday season! :)

Ditto my undisclosed slice of the Cascade Foothills... I don't have the strength of firearms knowledge, but I *do* have a willingness and capacity to learn.
I never mind employees that need to learn. I learn new stuff all the time, a fair portion of it from this forum. Most of our employees learn from hearing me to talk customers about an item or topic or from magazines, online articles, etc. I'm always a proponent of them learning. It means we can help our customers better.
My big points are; 1. You are there to work. I'm not saying you have to be scrubbing the floors every free second, but if you are standing around aimlessly, you are wrong.
2. Always greet customers when they walk in. Probably my biggest pet peeve with gun stores is a lot of times when I walk in and am completely ignored. I don't want my employees to bum rush people at the door, but say Hi and if you are free ask if we can help you find something.
3. Multi-tasking. As a small shop we have a limited staff and with sales the way they have been there are times when it's 15 customers for 2 or 3 of us. Gotta be able to be running 2 background checks, billing this customer out, and explaining to the third that yes, that's a grenade launcher in the case, and yes, it's legal to own here in Oregon.

Sounds like a great opportunity. If my days off weren't Sunday and Monday we would be talking.

J&B Firearm Sales, Inc. is looking to add part time sales representatives to it's staff. We are currently in search of energetic and knowledgeable individuals looking for part time work. You will be required to assist customers in firearms purchases, load, unload, and set up inventory for display, complete federal and state forms for firearms transactions, use software for invoicing, and work some weekends at gun shows. We are looking for individuals who have a passion about firearms and have the desire to help our customers, whether they are brand new owners making their first purchase or a seasoned collector.

We are hiring two applicants to work primarily Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Each position will have at least 2 full days per week. Flexible scheduling for college students. Veterans encouraged to apply.

Applicant should have:
Strong knowledge of firearms
Strong sales background
Knowledge of firearms paperwork or ability to quickly and easily learn new paperwork
Knowledge of NFA forms and procedures a plus
Have reliable transportation
Personal Handgun to wear while at work

Applicant should be able to:
Work Gun Shows in and out of Portland Metro including Overnight (Lodging & Meals Provided)
Handle up to 40 lbs of inventory regularly
Posses Valid Driver's License with clean driving history
Pass Federal & State Background Checks
Lawfully possess a Firearm

You will be required to be armed while working at the shop. Acquisition of Oregon Concealed Handgun License is required within 60 days of hiring.

Compensation: $10/hr to start, Employee Discount after 30 days.

Are you still looking for another employee?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top