JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two that I've found vaguely interesting, but would likely never invest in, is the .25 NAA and .32 NAA. Neat-o, I guess, but it just doesn't make sense. The similar 5.45×18㎜ Soviet is also, arguably, neat, but as far as I know it is unobtanium in this country.
NAA playing with the fact that they make a gun chambered for .25, .32 and .380 auto....also, their attempt to legitimize a .25 cal self-defense round.
I guess their stats are pretty impressive.

NAA-Guardian-Review-Lead.jpg

Dean

NAA playing with the fact that they make a gun chambered for .25, .32 and .380 auto....also, their attempt to legitimize a .25 cal self-defense round.

Indeed, they look great on paper. When we were arming up with a bunch of pocket pistols (and mind you this largely, with at least a couple exceptions, predated single-stack Glocks) the NAA guns were very tempting. But we stuck with conventionally chambered little autos. Don't get me wrong, what they created is neat. Just not enough to go with an oddball cartridge.

I know some people like to consolidate and have only a couple calibers to stock, but I'm the opposite. I enjoy variety, and reload for all kinds of odd-ball rounds. I never thought of it as hipster though. The most challenging to load for is the 7.62x38R.

If I was really hip and cool and had lots of money (none of which is true, by the way), I'd like to custom make a "pistol" 1903 Springfield, and fit a Pederson Device to it. That would a pretty cool but completely impractical and useless handgun. I have a couple of original .30 Pederson rounds in my meager collection, but otherwise have absolutely no idea where one would find ammo.

Indeed, they look great on paper. When we were arming up with a bunch of pocket pistols (and mind you this largely, with at least a couple exceptions, predated single-stack Glocks) the NAA guns were very tempting. But we stuck with conventionally chambered little autos. Don't get me wrong, what they created is neat. Just not enough to go with an oddball cartridge.
Yeah, I'm with you.
It's like NAA's version of cheese ("cheese" as in, Milk's leap at immortality).
I've heard the gun itself is very legit, but I'd opt for the .32 acp over one of their own cartridges.

Dean

My hipster vote was going to be the .41 AE, but the OP beat me to it, so how about the .50 AE.
Does everything the .45 acp does, but the gun holds less ammo.....:confused:???

Last Edited:
I started thinking of all the oddball cartridges I enjoy and why I enjoy them. Then I started to get butt hurt. Then realized its the same arguments used by hipsters to justify their grape-infused third nut licker imperial stout butt porter.

Now that I make that connection, only super mainstream American calibers for me!

Now THAT'S funny! (I nearly peed myself laughing at that one)!

.460 Rowland
Feeling Lucky, Punk?
You're looking down the barrel of the 460 Rowland, the power of Dirty Harry's 44 Magnum brought out of the stone age.
Now I can't remember, in all the excitement, did I fire 11 or 12 rounds?
Your friends are all dead, and I cannot believe you're still here, sucking breath. I musta missed, or not taken the shot.
So what's it gonna be?
You can get up, run, and takes your chances
Take a roll of the D30 die I have in my pocket from my D&D game you interrupted with all your excitement,
Or call it a day and wait for the police to arrive....
So what say you? Feeling lucky ... punk?

How'd the hipster burn his tongue?

He drank his coffee before it was cool.

Does the 22 Jet qualify?

The .22 Jet should never have left the drawing board. The tapered case is known to back out from the chamber and tie-up the revolver's cylinder. S&W engineers should have predicted this and put the kybosh on the revolver's production.

View attachment 451518

Dean

Frankly, I would like to have a full-sized Browning Black Label in .380 ACP with an additional barrel in .32 NAA. Load that puppy up with 50-grain Lehigh bullet in that case and it would be smoking out the barrel at a speed that will allow it to penetrate a good 18" of 10% ballistic gelatin. Almost no recoil, tissue disruption up the wazoo, and accurate to a fault.

I could go for that.

45 Colt (Long, whatever) seems to be a cartridge that exists just to amuse CAS people or revolver geeks, but in modern strong rifles (still pistol caliber) can do what it's meant for-- namely, blast a deer or 2-legged miscreant with minimal recoil and a fast follow-up. I have yet to chrono my tank loads but they're probably pushing 250 grains at 1300fps. This was cool before it got cool. :D

The .22 Jet should never have left the drawing board. The tapered case is known to back out from the chamber and tie-up the revolver's cylinder. S&W engineers should have predicted this and put the kybosh on the revolver's production.
I believe that the real problem with the "Jet" is that they put "Magnum" on the barrel and too many people tried to boost the cartridge up too far. I've got a couple and as long as I keep them clean and load them to the Factory loadings, I've never had a single Problem. They're also a Kick(mainly because there is NO Kick) to shoot and are incredibly Accurate! They are LOUD and you really need both plugs and muffs but that's All that I can see is wrong with the Gun and Cartridge.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top