JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't take offense that the NRA includes country music on their website, I love Rock n Roll.....
Also, if anyone that does not already support the 2A searches out for orgs to support (no matter what minority they are) do you honestly think they will change their mind because their minority is not recognized on the website? I fail to see where this is going.....:rolleyes:

90% of these fake neo country stars havent worked a real job or on a real farm their entire life.. No wonder they side with progressive anti 2A issues.

I absolutely hate the:
"Well I hunt, I love firearms.. But I dont think anyone should own a.."
Its a bullbubblegum copout. They dont really hunt, they dont really stand for true country patriotism.

Especially when they'll sing at a Sandy Hook anti firearm concert.

I suppose tactically, all the suburb wannabe country kids will in turn support the NRA and firearm rights.. So I can see the NRA's logic for promoting country stars. If numbers are the name of the game, thats a good way to do it.

If I were in charge On the board of the NRA Id find a VERY profirearm patriot singer and promote the hell out of him, especially if he was well spoken, likable and could handle media pressure.. It would be a VERY easy way to gain neo country fan voting numbers.. They are sheepish, but the right kind of sheepish.

While I think diversity is what makes this country great Id be much happier if the NRA was
not acting stereotypical in many aspects. I mean you hear the NRA and people go Merica, beer, hotdogs, whiskey, and often God fearing, I happen to fit that stereotype somewhat but I am also not stereotypical either to the other political aspects some conservatives looks at.
I thank God the NRA exists and the fact they piss off antis-liberals means I love them by default :) anyways.
But I digress, the NRA should be politically neutral accept for gun rights. Don't get me started on this new punkarse beatch country their spitting out. Sure some is ok to listen to. But those liberal hippy town kid types are dressing to the hilt in 20K boots that never saw the south side of cow pie if ya catch my drift. The new country is the new liberal biased community not all but many and its getting hard to see between the bullysheit.

I didn't take offense that the NRA includes country music on their website, I love Rock n Roll.....
Also, if anyone that does not already support the 2A searches out for orgs to support (no matter what minority they are) do you honestly think they will change their mind because their minority is not recognized on the website? I fail to see where this is going.....:rolleyes:

Oh, I'm not offended, just saddened that the largest national group supporting a right I take seriously, is socially incompetent. And I laid out the reason in my previous post. That if people of color will avoid housing that portrays itself as whites only, to the point where US laws had to be changed to prevent it, you can be sure the same effect takes place in the much less crucial realm of 2A activism. I want to see the NRA be successful. Unfortunately, in my work as a professional 2A advocate, their social stances have actually hampered that progress.

When I go to my fairly mainstream range (tri-county) there's usually a typical mix of races, though it does tend to be a bit male. I'd say it reflects the population of the area. If the NRA can't tap into that, they'll marginalize themselves to dust. They already only represent 5% or so of us. Don't forget that the demise of the NRA would be a huge loss. Not just the political wing. Their day to day work on competition, safety, range support, etc. is the backbone structure for shooters in the US.
I can only hope the country music thing is a step away from Ted Nugent. That man makes my skin crawl.

Oh, I'm not offended, just saddened that the largest national group supporting a right I take seriously, is socially incompetent. And I laid out the reason in my previous post. That if people of color will avoid housing that portrays itself as whites only, to the point where US laws had to be changed to prevent it, you can be sure the same effect takes place in the much less crucial realm of 2A activism. I want to see the NRA be successful. Unfortunately, in my work as a professional 2A advocate, their social stances have actually hampered that progress.

So you support the NRA and yet you think they are racist?
Really!!!:rolleyes:
I guess everyone has the right to complain about the way they do business protecting our 2A right. Good luck with that....they already have a full time job fighting off attacked from the anti-gun zealots . I feel there is more to your story...

I guess everyone has the right to complain about the way they do business protecting our 2A right. Good luck with that....they already have a full time job fighting off attacked from the anti-gun zealots . I feel there is more to your story...

People might be surprised that some of the top leaders in the NRA are women and many Hispanics. And members on the board of directors are African American, and well as a women on the board too. I stopped digging I made my point not experts at other things political thats a given. But racist or bigots not hardly.

The author is taking a very narrow slice of the pie. I wonder whether he or some of my fellow posters here have taken a look at the NRA website and recent ads run on television. The ads include two inner city black citizens,

Elderly black lady:
https://www.nranews.com/series/free...oms-safest-place-season-1-episode-6-my-rights

Venezuelan lady and host of one of the series for women:
https://www.nranews.com/series/comm...ason-3-episode-1-freedoms-are-not-untouchable

Gay Asian pro shooter:
https://www.nranews.com/series/comm...-season-4-episode-18-white-collar-gun-shaming

And, of course, the very eloquent Mr. Colion Noir who supplies most of the videos I drop into leftist conversations as well as Natalie Porter and several other ladies.

Exactly. My sister is a missionary and I support her financially, even though I disagree with her life choice. Same thing with the NRA. And it's through highlighting deficiencies with the NRA that has made my 2A advocacy successful over the years, because gun politics has been tainted by them. So many people I meet don't hate guns, they just can't stand social conservatism and by extension, the NRA.

The author is taking a very narrow slice of the pie. I wonder whether he or some of my fellow posters here have taken a look at the NRA website and recent ads run on television. The ads include two inner city black citizens,

Elderly black lady:
https://www.nranews.com/series/free...oms-safest-place-season-1-episode-6-my-rights

Venezuelan lady and host of one of the series for women:
https://www.nranews.com/series/comm...ason-3-episode-1-freedoms-are-not-untouchable

Gay Asian pro shooter:
https://www.nranews.com/series/comm...-season-4-episode-18-white-collar-gun-shaming

And, of course, the very eloquent Mr. Colion Noir who supplies most of the videos I drop into leftist conversations as well as Natalie Porter and several other ladies.

Absolutely. And I applaud them for that. It's a somewhat spotty attempt to counter generations of much more regressive policies, still obvious in their print media. That's why I am optimistic pointing out other areas where their visual presence has been less skillful, can have a beneficial affect.

Call me a Caveman but it's about preserving our rights, not pandering to the PC crowd. ThE whole PC BS is what has deteriorated the 2A and America.
I am a NON-PC (NO BS) old school NRA Life Member and hope it stays that way.

Call me a Caveman but it's about preserving our rights, not pandering to the PC crowd. ThE whole PC BS is what has deteriorated the 2A and America.
I am a NON-PC (NO BS) old school NRA Life Member and hope it stays that way.
Its a good club to belong to, I seldom if ever am PC, as I wasn't raised on BS.

Really liked your post and your article, AGCR. You've made very good points.

The only thing I'd add is that calling for the NRA to be more inclusive is not the same as calling it racist. That's a jump some people here appear to have made.

Well okay, two things: I think it's time to give up on the term politically correct. It is meaningless and lazy to disagree with something by using that term. It's too broad, and we all have opinions about what it means. Specificity, always.

NRA is just playing to their base, which is old "white" duffers and fudds. Such folks don't care for hip hop. Keep in mind NRA, like any large organization, is about attracting donations above all else, so they do what it takes to serve that interest.

Racist landlords soon discovered this and used the tactic to prevent people of color from moving into their units, to the point where laws had to be changed, so it now actually violates federal housing codes to advertise housing using any exclusive ethnic or racial group. That's helped a great deal in integrating US society.

Uh, no. It only helps racists keep their schtick going, and keeps a lot of bureaucrats in jobs too. A minor side effect is that it tramples liberty; but hey, who cares about that!
http://strike-the-root.com/race-hucksters-bore-me

Last Edited:
Exactly. My sister is a missionary and I support her financially, even though I disagree with her life choice. Same thing with the NRA. And it's through highlighting deficiencies with the NRA that has made my 2A advocacy successful over the years, because gun politics has been tainted by them. So many people I meet don't hate guns, they just can't stand social conservatism and by extension, the NRA.

I have found in my contacts with those folks you are completely wasting your time trying to change their minds.
once they have an idea lodged in their mind it can't be changed, and sadly I find the majority to be of the left leaning persuasion. So I've learned not to bother, all it does is alienate them from you and if you count them as friends you will lose them. Which may not be all bad just depending on.....?
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads