JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kind of kicking myself for not buying a rifle kit off Palmetto State a month or so ago when I got the itch to do so. Was looking at getting a no frills midlength moe freedom kit. They had them, then, for $350. Well, now, bubblegum is all out of stock and the prices on their freedom kits are in the $450s if in stock. Hell, for $400 you could get a railed kit a little less than a month ago...

1585674198566.jpeg

Another I was looking at was a Glock 48. I think I might still have the chance at this one, but I'm not going to put myself through hell looking for it now.

Anyways, besides the increasing number of new people here looking to get something last minute, who here was going to get something but missed the opportunity?

Try to keep this about the guns you wanted and why, not about the doom and gloom, I think we have all had enough doom and gloom. Yes, even if the thread is slightly gloomy because curre events made the purchase delayed or impossible!

Reno

Opportunities are missed often. Whether it be lack of funds, timing or a nasty little virus. I can't keep track of all the times I saw a great deal and passed, only to kick myself later.

Opportunities are missed often. Whether it be lack of funds, timing or a nasty little virus. I can't keep track of all the times I saw a great deal and passed, only to kick myself later.
I see something almost everyday that I force myself to live without.

Kind of kicking myself for not buying a rifle kit off Palmetto State a month or so ago when I got the itch to do so. Was looking at getting a no frills midlength moe freedom kit.

Reno
Well if you were closer I could probably help ya out, even have a bunch of 80% lowers lying around.

Don't worry, since nothing is actually getting "banned", supply will come back if you can wait 6-12 months. We're not dealing with legislation, we're dealing with a virus and waiting for the development of a vaccine or treatment.

Do you really NEED that rifle or that ammunition NOW? I know I definitely don't.

Keep an eye on their site and or join if you havent already and they send you deals basicly daily, only so many panic buyers so things will level off fast and come back down. my order from them should be here between monday - wednesday.

@Reno, you looking to assemble a new AR?
I just built two uppers, and have a third just like the PSA one, in black.
Meaning, I have everything there except the adjustable stock. I'd have to look for that.
No not really. Just had my eyes on that build kit for a while. They went on sale on occasion for as low as $300. I was waiting for the sale. Should have pulled the trigger!

Don't worry about that Glock48...when this virus blows over, you'll get one new-in-box at flooded-used-market prices from all the people that panic bought. I'm not convinced that they'll be holding onto their new guns...

Don't worry about that Glock48...when this virus blows over, you'll get one new-in-box at flooded-used-market prices from all the people that panic bought. I'm not convinced that they'll be holding onto their new guns...
I look forward to it!

Don't worry, since nothing is actually getting "banned", supply will come back if you can wait 6-12 months. We're not dealing with legislation, we're dealing with a virus and waiting for the development of a vaccine or treatment.

This is still Oregon, and I would expect the ruling party of Oregon to get right back on the ban/restrict bandwagon as soon as this current crisis has lessened enough for "Them" to start meeting in groups again.

I wonder if any first time gun buyers bought a parts kit without realizing it was only a kit -- maybe they tried to buy a gun online and ran up against the shipToFFL thing and after furious googling, discovered PSA will ship right to their door. Maybe none, but the imp inside me hopes it happened and would have loved being a fly on the wall to see their face when opening the package only to find a bunch of little baggies, some larger parts, and absolutely no instructions. Hopefully, all sales are final due to CV-19.

Thought this was going to be a "regret I didn't sell all of my stocks last month when I saw the virus spreading worldwide" thread. This version is much better:)

I wonder if any first time gun buyers bought a parts kit without realizing it was only a kit -- maybe they tried to buy a gun online and ran up against the shipToFFL thing and after furious googling, discovered PSA will ship right to their door. Maybe none, but the imp inside me hopes it happened and would have loved being a fly on the wall to see their face when opening the package only to find a bunch of little baggies, some larger parts, and absolutely no instructions. Hopefully, all sales are final due to CV-19.

That's a funny and heck picture!

Those folks just need to look up some members of this fine site to take them under their wing and guide them.