JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Hillsboro man arrested after shooting at police, 30 hours of negotiation during mental health crisis

Note, arrested, not dead.

"A man facing a mental health crisis is in police custody after shooting at mental health professionals and later, police, who were called to his Hillsboro home."
"He repeatedly showed that he had firearms and fired at officers on two different occasions."

:s0001:
"Several members of the TNT were placed on modified duty per Sheriff's Office critical incident protocol after having been shot at by the man from very close range."

He probably just needed some lovin. Hopefully he gets some, voluntary or not, courtesy of the federal penitentiary.

In all seriousness, I have zero sympathy for the criminally insane. This world is better off without them. If you need drugs to function in polite society, then you need to be monitored 24/7 in a nut house.

He probably just needed some lovin. Hopefully he gets some, voluntary or not, courtesy of the federal penitentiary.

In all seriousness, I have zero sympathy for the criminally insane. This world is better off without them. If you need drugs to function in polite society, then you need to be monitored 24/7 in a nut house.
What federal crime was he charged with?

What federal crime was he charged with?
Now, I'm no legal expert, however, last I checked, shooting at police is highly frowned upon; so much so that it's generally rewarded with a one way ticket to the slammer.

However, in this liberal utopia, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a little slap on the wrist. He did miss the shots after all. No harm no foul, right? o_O

Define criminally insane, please. Did you ever know a schizophrenic? Close relative or friend maybe? If so, you know they could be the kindest, politest person you know, even while insisting he/she is a blue-eyed native American gypsy girl that was fathered by God and fearful of having accidentally ignited all the sewer gas in town. Absolutely delusional, yet savvy enough to carefully examine the gurney and calmly inquire of the ambulance folks if they are real or just imaginary. No danger to anyone, including self (which is precisely why police will step away and decline to transport; got a full buffer, ya know, gotta move along).

Two months later, well-controlled on some good anti-psychotic medicine (and taking them religiously), that same person can be taking college classes, even pulling very good grades by learning solely from the textbook to avoid classes because being around so many strangers is dicey . . . ya never know who might be dangerous.

Define criminally insane, please. Did you ever know a schizophrenic? Close relative or friend maybe? If so, you know they could be the kindest, politest person you know, even while insisting he/she is a blue-eyed native American gypsy girl that was fathered by God and fearful of having accidentally ignited all the sewer gas in town. Absolutely delusional, yet savvy enough to carefully examine the gurney and calmly inquire of the ambulance folks if they are real or just imaginary. No danger to anyone, including self (which is precisely why police will step away and decline to transport; got a full buffer, ya know, gotta move along).

Two months later, well-controlled on some good anti-psychotic medicine (and taking them religiously), that same person can be taking college classes, even pulling very good grades by learning solely from the textbook to avoid classes because being around so many strangers is dicey . . . ya never know who might be dangerous.
Criminal + Insane

That should do nicely. Of course that is differentiated from simply "Insane" due to the lack of "Criminal"

Define criminally insane, please.
biden-02-1.jpg

-Robert

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR