JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took in the Hillsboro show today with my lovely wife. I was not impressed at all, the show was very small and prices were on the high side.
It looks like the shows are scaling down in size and attendance in Oregun...
They had 1 good knife vendor that sold quality blades at a decent price, but other than that Im not returning there.
I have gone to shows in Florida and they are standing room only, and a lot better prices.

The hillsboro gunshow has never really been good. Just something to go do to pass an hour.

Were you able to play gunshow bingo?

GunShowBingoV1-0.jpg

My wife asked me if I wanted to go this morning and I told her no. because I didn't think it would be all that good.

Since Hillsboro has been trying to shut the fairgrounds down and turn it into a shopping center (great place for a shopping center right underneath the final leg of the Hillsboro airport), use of the fairgrounds is way down. They were voted down in tearing it completely down so instead they started taking it apart a little at a time, wouldn't advertise venues, not encouraging those venues that checked on using the fairgrounds, and generally will get what they want even though the citizens of Hillsboro and Washington County wanted to keep the fairgrounds.

They use to have a lot of good activities there but haven't in years because of the city. It won't be long before it is gone for good... another casualty of progress, expansion and greed.

Mike

I went late today after dropping off my nephews elk at the butcher. I spent a grand total of $7.00 for the entry fee.

However........after that we went to Baseline Pawn in Cornelius. This place has saved several gun show bust days for me and today the little shop came through again.

10715.jpg

Owner Shelia takes piles of misc gun accessories and puts them into bulk drawers and baskets. You have to dig through them, but you will often find little nuggets of gold.

Like a reproduction P-08 Luger holster.......$10. I don't even own a Luger, but I still bought it. Later after I bought it I discovered that it still had a extra magazine in the pouch!

20181110_170853.jpg 20181110_170906.jpg 20181110_170932.jpg

Next find was a German MP-5 wide tropical forearm.....again $10

20181110_170951.jpg

Finally....and this one made me giggle like a little giri........a HK 12/67 MP-5 magazine.....$20.

20181110_170807.jpg

So thank you Shelia......No parking fee, no entry fee.....I love your little shop.

-cb5a5181143a4c0e.jpg

The Hillsboro Show is currently held in the Armory Building. As for the fairgrounds, the main exhibition building was condemned as unsafe and torn down. There's a new larger main exhibit building in process, looks like they broke ground for it already... I understand there's two or three new buildings in the works for Washington County Fairgrounds...

I typically hit the show because I like seeing and handling different firearms that I know I have no intention of buying. Perhaps one day I'll find something that I simply must take home...

The cost is what keeps me away. The deals to be had are few and far compared to what I can find online these days. As a consumer.. I usually go with what saves me time and money.

Collectors Wrecked has been going down hill for quite some time. Between spending $15.00 to park a car and step inside, below average deals inside (except for beef jerky and wooden air planes), and the way the scrawny blonde pr!ck with the stupid puffy vest that takes tickets treats vendors and customers alike, there is little reason to go these shows anymore.

I was there and missed seeing most of you, probably because I get stuck in the extra room to the right as you enter. I can always use some assistance (translates to covering your cost of admission) with a few things. It is a small show, but there is no cost to park and there are lots of good eats within walking distance if you don't find what you want.

Collectors Wrecked has been going down hill for quite some time. Between spending $15.00 to park a car and step inside, below average deals inside (except for beef jerky and wooden air planes), and the way the scrawny blonde pr!ck with the stupid puffy vest that takes tickets treats vendors and customers alike, there is little reason to go these shows anymore.
CW shows as bad as Big Top? Those are like overpaying to get into a bad gunshop. If your shopping for a gun, and just want to get your hands on a few to get a feel It might be almost worth it, but if your hunting for deals or treasures, prepare to be disappointed!
I've found Wes Knodel's shows to still have some good deals..so I get a table at as many as I can... some real good guys travel around with his shows. I think he has one in Portland this weekend, but I'll be in Puallup for the WAC show.
Ive noticed a steady drop in gunshow attendance this year in the Portland area.
I don't know what the deal is, but as a vendor I don't like it!

I was there and missed seeing most of you, probably because I get stuck in the extra room to the right as you enter. I can always use some assistance (translates to covering your cost of admission) with a few things. It is a small show, but there is no cost to park and there are lots of good eats within walking distance if you don't find what you want.
I stopped at your table, it was a fine display, I almost bought that scope with the mount you had for sale. If all the tables were like yours and Cascadia cutlery's table, well that would be great...

Which table were you? As I walked in there was a table to my right with some carbon fiber shotgun magazine extensions. Ahead was a guy selling ammo, surplus stuff and MREs. To my left was a table with handguns.

E

I went to the show Saturday, but only to meet a member there to do a firearm exchange through Lucky Sporting Goods. I don't regret attending the Gun & Knife Show, as something of that caliber is far and few between over on the coast and worthwhile just to check out and maybe handle some items. That said, we should get behind gun and sportsman shows, attend and encourage them. It would be a shame if they withered away due to apathy. Seems our rights are headed in that direction.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top