JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went up to hillockburn early january. It was pretty busy but we setup on a short range next to some gents shooting clay. the people in the pit next to us looked like a family, and were nice enough to say hello and acknowledge our presence. Snow on the ground, not too cold though. It was pretty clean when we got there, and we left it that way. Good times, made for a solid Saturday morning.

how does one get to the hillock burn?

224 to Estacada, 211 south about 2 miles and take a left on Hillockburn Rd. North of 211 it's called Springwater Rd. Or if you want to take the scenic route, turn off at Carver and take Springwater all the way down. Hillockburn turns into NF45, and I would recommend having a map that details the forest service roads if you're going to go very far.

I haven't been up that side in probably near a decade, never really went much farther than that little lake on the side of the road. Not sure if we were still actually on the main road or not at that point. It's been a long time, and it can get confusing up there.

Went up to Hillockburn today. Went a couple miles past the first gate. The roads were totally clear (didn't see any snow anywhere). Man, what a perfect day to be out in the woods. 60 degrees in February!

went up yesterday, burned off a few test rounds, first log past the gate... was surprised at the lack of trash,,, did get warned my forest service to pick up our trash.... almost got head on hit from a LEO speeding down the hill... I am not sure why the run so fast this is the second time.. first time my wife was walking past the front of the truck on the side of the road, and they buzzed her scared the **** out of her.. I do not think that road has a speed limit posted but anything over 35 is probably too fast to be safe,, and they were WAY past that!

went up yesterday, burned off a few test rounds, first log past the gate... was surprised at the lack of trash,,, did get warned my forest service to pick up our trash.... almost got head on hit from a LEO speeding down the hill... I am not sure why the run so fast this is the second time.. first time my wife was walking past the front of the truck on the side of the road, and they buzzed her scared the **** out of her.. I do not think that road has a speed limit posted but anything over 35 is probably too fast to be safe,, and they were WAY past that!

I go out that way often and see LEO a lot, most are pretty nice, that is no area to be speeding like that!!

Went up there today. A couple miles past where it turns to 45 there's enough snow to turn around a low-clearance car. right where 4520 branches off. There were a couple spots people were shooting just off the road at short ranges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top