JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CARRY
It is unlawful to carry concealed upon the person or concealed about one's person in a vehicle any firearm unless one has a license to carry a concealed weapon. READ ALL

Exceptions to the above prohibition are:

•persons possessing a handgun at their home or place of business;

•organizations, which are by law, authorized to purchase or receive weapons from the United States;

•policemen and law enforcement personnel, whether active or honorably retired;

•military personnel when on active or reserve duty;

•members of a shooting club while at a range or going to and from a range;

•licensed hunters or fishermen, while engaged in hunting or fishing or going to and from a hunting or fishing expedition;

•merchants transporting or possessing firearms as merchandise;

•duly authorized military or civil organizations while parading or traveling to a meeting of their organization;

•corrections officer while transporting convict.
Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not considered to be concealed.

Source: <broken link removed>

I personally would not open carry in a NP. . People from all over the country visit the National parks, so I'd rather not have some Bozo from NYC (or similar) seeing me carrying a gun and start screaming for the police.

But Columbia River Gorge National Scenic area is NOT a NP.

Here are some specifics for the Gorge:
Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area - Alerts & Notices

Talks about prohibitions against DISCHARGING a firearm, but I don't see any about possessing. And even then, the prohibitions are confined to specific areas.

Also note. . . No dancing naked by the boat launches!!!

I was over there recently hiking and carried, though I have my CHL. I did not go into the part of the building that is run by the US Forest Service. They are federal employees and apparently in their presence gun owners turn into mindless killers or something like that. Either way I wasn't sure but didn't want to find out one way or the other.

where is good mountain to take kids to hike outside of salem?

BN,

There are more hiking trails around the Santiam River, Northfork, and Detroit Lake area than you can shake a stick at! Do a Google search. My wife and I used to do a great hike along he Northfork River that was easy and beautiful. If I find the book I'll shoot you the info.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top