JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone else bought one of these ? I got one in acp and 9mm and cant figure out why they are so cheap. Griggs in pasco sells the 45 for 148 bucks and it shoots just like any other ive shot. I cant get it to jamb or screw up no matter how dirty it gets. Hand cast lead bullets with 700x at 900fps is awfully cheap shooting!

They are not 'cheap', just inexpensive.
HI POINT makes a GREAT product, and the life time no BS warranty is wonderful.

They are made of 'plastic', and die cast metal (the slide), so those two factors help keep costs down.
They are durable though, and shoot great!
Enjoy yours, it should last you a long time!

They are not 'cheap', just inexpensive.
HI POINT makes a GREAT product, and the life time no BS warranty is wonderful.

They are made of 'plastic', and die cast metal (the slide), so those two factors help keep costs down.
They are durable though, and shoot great!
Enjoy yours, it should last you a long time!

I'm gonna have to go with, THEY ARE CHEAP, but they work well.

The reason they're so inexpensive is probably because they're rather impractical in some respects. Hi-Points tend to be oversized and overweight given their respective calibers and capacities. As a result, they offer poor conceal-ability. They're also a pain to disassemble for cleaning. Can't think of any handgun made in the last hundred years with a worse procedure for field stripping. They work, and they're inexpensive, but I think there are better choices if you want cheap, functional, AND practical.

I've considered getting one just to take apart and practice gunsmithing on, but I'm afraid I would put it back together correctly and have to use it.:s0114:
I'm just kidding about that, but I can't get past their looks. No one can accuse them of being a knock off. Glad you are enjoying it though.

I bought my c9 brand new for about 98 bucks out the door 2 years ago. The ONLY problem with it was ammo related. The only reason I sold it was to finance my PF9. You're right, pain in the receiver to take apart, good thing it'll go for ever with out a strip down clean. Excellent customer service, a warranty that is second to none, HiPoints offer more bang for the buck than any other out there. Would I carry one? No, I'd throw my back out! Fun gun to shoot that'll eat anything? You bet'cha!! I'd buy another one if I could find one for sale!

I have to chime in on this one.. my first .45 after moving back to Oregon from California was a used HP, I loved it.. simple, dependable and inexpensive.. I did move up to a nice S&W .38 but I plan on trying other High Point weapons just for fun. Just keep a good wrist and polish the feed ramp good and hit the range.

Rev. Jim

Ive got the 995 carbine. Added a stock to it. Sure looks a lot better. And its a blast to shoot. I dont recommend the 15round mags. They dont feed well. Weak spring it seems.
But they are inexpensive and eat any ammo Ive put to it.
DSCN0627.jpg

One word.......yetch! Geez, this is a gun forum for enthusiasts. I guess you could use one as a boat or tackle box gun; you never know when you might need a replacement downrigger weight....lol.

Yep, they certainly are ugly. I sometimes wonder why the people that designed them made them so horrible in appearance. I just don't think it would have been hard to make a gun that looks good if you can make one that works well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top