JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A few days ago a friend saw one of my bricks of Thunderbolt 22LR and said "wow, I haven't seen one of those in a long time."

I tossed him the brick and told him he could keep it.

Yesterday I peeked at Gunbroker and saw this on the front page

13870D69-5054-4A81-9B10-AF3846A1870F.jpeg

That's over 23 cents a round for 22LR and people are buying!
I don't regret giving my friend the brick. Just amazed people are paying such crazy prices.

A few days ago a friend saw one of my bricks of Thunderbolt 22LR and said "wow, I haven't seen one of those in a long time."

I tossed him the brick and told him he could keep it.

Yesterday I peeked at Gunbroker and saw this on the front page

View attachment 809748

That's over 23 cents a round for 22LR and people are buying!
I don't regret giving my friend the brick. Just amazed people are paying such crazy prices.

Reminds me of what PT Barnum is credited with saying..... :rolleyes:

I bought a case of CCI Mini Mag the night before Trump made the announcement that covid was officially in the US. I paid 6 cpr for it, and felt like that was still a lot.

I bought a case of CCI Mini Mag the night before Trump made the announcement that covid was officially in the US. I paid 6 cpr for it, and felt like that was still a lot.

Same. I also purchased 7.62x51 from Bi-Mart for 60 cents a round last year. I thought it was high at the time but now if I were to sell I'd nearly double my money.

I bought 500 rds of 7.62x51 in August and it was $374 shipped. In September, the same ammo, same company was $449.99 BEFORE shipping. I have no idea what it's up to now.

I've been buying ammo this whole time, at pretty reasonable rates.
If I'm factoring in time spent as part of the cost, maybe I come out n the losing end, but it's still kinda fun. At least right now.

Another vote for Skagit Arms...If y'all are ever up this away , they have good prices* , when ammo is in stock.
Andy

* Just remember that the days of $12.99 or less for a brick , as in 500 rounds of .22LR are long over.

@UnionMillsNW ...nice of you to gift your friend the brick of ammo....:D

Same. I also purchased 7.62x51 from Bi-Mart for 60 cents a round last year. I thought it was high at the time but now if I were to sell I'd nearly double my money.

The same PPU 7.62X51 M80 Ball I bought a couple of months ago for$.94 a round now goes for $1.71 a round.

It's not just ammo either, Guns are more expensive too. Was looking at a few new carry options and when available they're much more expensive than just 6 months ago.

not to mention that in a few auctions I'm part of, I've been watching some guns go for significantly above the estimated values (which are usually pretty spot in).

Last Edited:
I pretty much refused to buy anything during the pandemic. I got plenty as it is, but I'm not gonna throw away my money for panic prices. Once this lulls ammo will be over-stocked and AR15's will be back to 399.99. I can wait till sane prices return.

I pretty much refused to buy anything during the pandemic. I got plenty as it is, but I'm not gonna throw away my money for panic prices. Once this lulls ammo will be over-stocked and AR15's will be back to 399.99. I can wait till sane prices return.

I have a feeling this time will be different. It's an uneasy feeling too. Granted I've only been in the game a hair over ten years, but I got in just before the Sandy Hook thing. This goes deeper. That's my feelings anyway.

Some of the stores in my area have been asking for ID for ammo sales, and if you aren't local, "No ammo for you!"
We saw this with toilet paper last spring, the parking lots were full of west side vehicles. Fred Meyer may blindly sell you TP, but the small local stores aren't doing that with ammo.

You're probably right.

Just for the fun of it. Well, not really fun, hit ammoseek and look at some of your favorite calibers. .30-06 starting at $2.25/round going up to $3.50/round. With only four flavors available. Swede 6.5X55....ONE choice $3.50/round for no lead greenie stuff. Maybe the manufacturers have quite making the fairy obscure stuff?

Dude it is never going to happen, we are in for a 4 year long up swing in all things pew pew pew.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top