1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Higher iron sights for Ruger 10/22?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by teflon97239, Oct 6, 2010.

1. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Trying hard to get some meaningful free advice in various places online, without much luck.

I’d like to RAISE the stock iron sights on my 10/22. Front and rear, they need to be about 1/4 inch higher so they work with my see-through scope rings.

Either I’m asking this wrong, or people respond with alternate objectives, assuming I'll forget what I'm asking. Thus far, this is what I’ve been getting:

“Ditch the scope and rings”
    - - My response: Ummmm... no.

“Don’t raise your sights, it changes the angle of the blah, blah, blah…”
    - - My response: I know that. Really I do. I still want to raise my front and rear iron sights 1/4 inch.

“Buy different sights from Brownell’s.”
    - - My response: I saw the same catalogs and websites you did. Are those sights any taller?

So back to my question. Does anyone know if it’s possible to buy front and rear iron sights that actually stick up 1/4" higher than the original Rugers?

Thanks in advance for whatever you suggest that may fit this specific application.

Please email teflon97239@yahoo.com, and I’ll also check back here now and then.