JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
MAC had a review of HTC's low profile system. Been wanting to pick one up for a few years. Couldn't quite bring myself to spend that much money on a belt system but finally pulled the trigger. After my initial order, I ordered a 2nd pistol mag pouch. The screws were not long enough to assemble with the correct spacers. Even using pliers I couldn't compress the spacers enough to attach the extra parts. Not the end of the world.

To save money, I chose not to buy the actual belt at the time. Well, I've lost enough weight that it was time for a new EDC belt anyway so I thought I'd finish out my battle belt. I order the Tactical EDC and the proper outer belt with the cobra clips. The belts arrived and I was surprised at the overall poor construction - particularly for $137.

They said to order your pants size (36). The belt technically fits but the clasp is so small that I can't run the Velcro tail back through the clasp. Only Velcro holds the belt in place. That's not going to hold up long term.

The outer belt is supposed to go on the Low Profile System and be able to quickly attach to your EDC belt. Well, yes, if I didn't have an OWB mag pouch, holster, flashlight & multi-tool.

I contacted customer service. I expressed my concerns about the quality but it was really the fit that I was unhappy with. First they said I couldn't return 'custom' orders but I could exchange size. I said there's nothing custom about a 36" and M belt but whatever, maybe a larger size would get it done. After several e-mails back and forth they finally sent me the RMA. Not only did I have to pay for the return but I also had to pay shipping again. Mind you they charged me $18 to send it to me originally but somehow they could ship it back to me for $11.

Again, contacted customer service and said that was ridiculous and I just wanted a refund. They sent me the RMA and said they were sorry about there "ridiculous" policies were all on the web site.

E-mails below because I'm that pissed:

Good Morning Mr. Edman,

Kim has forwarded your email over to me, I am sorry to hear that your belt is not fitting you right. Can you please confirm with me that you just need to exchange the outer belt for a size large instead of the medium. Does your Everyday Tactical Belt (Under-belt) Fit ok?

Once I make sure we are exchanging the correct items I will get the forms over to you and we will get this going for you!

Sincerely,

Tegin McWilliams

On Apr 23, 2019, at 5:24 PM, Ben Edman

I have to say; I'm really not very happy with this belt setup. For the amount of money it was I expected a much higher quality. The EDC under belt 'fits' but the buckle mechanism is so small that I can't feed the Velcro end back through the actual buckle. It stays in place with Velcro but that will not last over time. I love the concept. The execution has left me wanting. I don't know if a longer belt would solve that problem or if it's the buckle itself (that feels chintzy BTW).

What is the overall return policy?

Ben

Mr. Edman,

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with your belt setup. Our modular systems contain custom and made to order items therefore the entire rig is not able to be returned.

We will make any adjustments that may be needed if the holster does not fit correctly or if you need your belt exchanged. I have attached a screen shot of our return/refund policy.

Please let me know what you would like to do.

Sincerely,

Tegin McWilliams

There was nothing custom about a size 36 belt and a M outer belt – but whatever; yes, I'd like to up the size on both to 38 and L and I'll hope for the best.

Ben

Do you really need the upgraded under-belt? If you do not need it we can give you the standard under-belt that comes with it, there is no sliding buckle on it. If you do need to upgraded under-belt then the bigger size should help.

Tegin McWilliams

This is my current everyday belt. I use the 1 ¾" reinforced variety and it's served me well for years.

I bought the Low Profile System (without a belt because of expense at the time) as a GTW belt or for taking classes/competition. I have a cobra buckle but there's no Velcro to hold it in place so it doesn't function as well as I want it to. It's okay, but not great.

I've lost 13" from around my waist and dropped 4 pants sizes so I was in the market for a new EDC belt and thought I would get the 'proper' HTC belt to go with the low profile system. I called in and the EDT was recommended. The instructions say buy your pants size (36") so I did.

I can't 'buckle' the EDT belt between the clasp mechanism is significantly smaller than my wilderness instructor belt. I can only feed one end of the belt through the clasp – there isn't enough length to properly feed through the second side of the clasp (maybe I'm doing it wrong – there were no directions)

Then, the belt with the cobra clip that lives on the low profile system isn't long enough to go over some of my EDC gear – OWB holster, OWB single mag pouch, OWB multi tool, OWB flashlight. If I'm going to a class, no big deal, take the extras off and buckle up for the class/competition. But if this is really a GTW belt – that's not a viable option.

Overall for $130 I feel like it's not a great quality. Maybe I'm wrong. It's not as stiff as my $60 wilderness belt. The clasp is not as robust as my wilderness belt. It feels like if I put too much pressure on it that it well bend. I could be wrong. Maybe it's titanium or aluminum and is way stronger than I give it credit for. Maybe the stitching is strong enough to support years of EDC of my 'bat utility belt'. I'm open to the possibility.

What I want is a daily wear belt that closes securely and holds my daily gack. I'd like to keep my low profile system in the rig. In the event that I need it – draw my pistol, throw on the low profile system and holster up. Now I have extra ammo, restraints, IFAK.

Whatever you recommend. If a bigger size will do what I want – I'm good with that. If I need to just return it and go with what I know, I'm good with that too.

Ben

Mr. Edman,

I have attached your RMA forms and instructions to this email. Please make sure that the RMA form is included in the return packaging. You may choose to ship the belt back to us whichever way is most cost effective and convenient for you.

Please let me know if you run into any problems at all during the RMA process.

Have a great weekend!

Sincerley,

I'm sorry, you charged me $120 for the belt, $17.61 to ship it to me in the first place and now you want me to pay to ship it back to you and another $10.86 to ship it back to me? That's ridiculous. Please convert this to a pure return for my money back.

Very unhappy,

Ben

I have attached your RMA forms for a refund to this email. All of this "ridiculous" information may also be found on our website under FAQ. I apologize for just trying to follow our policies that we have put in place.

Please let me know if you have any questions for me.

Sincerely,

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top