JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have any experience with one? Seems that back only a few years ago, they were a dime a dozen. Now, not so much... :( apparently, a pretty slick handling pump, well made and reliable. And Steve McQueen used one in The Getaway... not that that has anything to do with my wanting one... anyways, if you've ever shot one, I'd love to hear about it!

IMG_2428.JPG IMG_2429.JPG

They are very slick in the action....a very fast and smooth shotgun.
I would have one now...but you don't seem 'em very often for sale 'round where I live.

The overall quality of the shotgun is excellent ...not budget like at all.
They balance and handle nicely.

If you see one and have the cash...get it.
Andy

Steve McQueen's shotgun used in the Getaway sold for over $22,000 bucks.
Here's an excerpt from the auction house which handled the firearm.
The shotgun was purchased by McQueen's production company vice president because the Manson family had McQueen on their hit list.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=17&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjin-Pa1OLcAhWmFzQIHccXDNwQFjAQegQIAhAB&url=https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/16122/lot/180/&usg=AOvVaw0NMAbQwH9m49FRUmlfHEe0
Somehow I think that if the Manson's had made a move on McQueen, they wouldn't have liked the outcome. Dude was Bull-goose crazy, and a Marine. Bad combination (or good, depending how you look at it ;))

I have seen them at Keith's semi recently for about 200. Didn't have the coin to spare at that point but the OP is a good reminder to check again.
I can't recommend a good, broken in 870 police magnum enough, however. Smooth action, holds 3 inch magnum shells, and are more plentiful in case parts are ever an issue.

How recent is recently?

Also, I've got an 870, Old and beat up, without a hint of intact finish anywhere on it, and she runs like a greased top :)

Those were built as a potential replacement for a number of other shotguns during the Vietnam days, the Savage (5 series?) and the Winchester M-12 were in short supply! I'm not quite sure, but I think the High Standard and Ithica were both accepted for limited production, but i'm not 100% sure!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top