JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nobody has a finger on the trigger, That is a good sign. And after that chase they seem remarkably calm.

Not sure they all had to run into the truck, just for GP

Running into adds to the compensation they must pay.... ;)

If they would just pursue all criminals like that.

Actually looked like it was a well executed PIT and nobody died..

that looked way faster than 40 mph. wonder what the PIT maneuver standards are there. At some point it's considered deadly force, and they don't really train at these speeds (so I was told). That said, great outcome, and great control.

What you didn't see was them beating the crap out of him on the other side of the pickup!

Pickup truck had some pretty good get up and go.

Notice how far ahead of the stationary cop that had the first video the pickup truck was by the time the cop car even got on the road little lone up to speed.

The 4 rules to stealing a car and eluding the cops

1. Steal something that can out run a Crown Vic. (now days I guess a Dodge Daytona or what ever they are)
2. Make sure you out run the cop car right away no building up to it gives them to much time to get help
3. Make sure of your escape route does no good to out run a cop and end up at a dead end.
4. Do all of this before the Helicopter shows up or your screwed. You have to be able to sustain over 150mph to out run a Jet Ranger (Never exceed speed 150mph top speed 138mph) and unless your in the desert somewhere that's hard to do for more then a few min.

Had to double post..

Meanwhile the stolen vehicle has been beat to bubblegum by the police vehicles and the insurance company takes a total loss just like had it been stolen and reported.... Even if the joker is told to pay restitution... Doubt he ever will.

Still a loss.

One just had a greater risk for loss of life..

My one concern while watching the video was all of the other vehicles that had nothing to do with this incident that were put into harms way.

I'm not sure why the officers were pursuing this guy (no audio when I watched it) but at some point the chase would seem to not be worth the risk.

E

1) Hey I wanna bash into the Tundra also!!!
2) Mr Sunglasses has tunnel vision and decides to go at it alone rather than do a command extraction
3) Mr Sunglasses decides its a good idea to break the window rather than open the door
4) Mr Sunglasses thinks it's a good idea to crawl inside the truck with the bad guy...derrrpp...felony stop procedures anyone?

5) Finger control...yeah, well good. My grandkids practice and show they understand that before they ever get to fire a round.

They should have t-boned him and rammed him over and over until his rig was a chunk of metal 3x3x4.
I am somewhat limited by my compassion . . .

Sheldon
I believe it was a hijacked car after an armed robbery. Feel bad for the person that got carjacked though. but at least they have some good evidence to show to their insurance company.

What you didn't see was them beating the crap out of him on the other side of the pickup!

Call me heartless, but under the circumstances, I think that ^^ would be fine! I was bummed that camera didn't/couldn't follow the action. Like on "Cops".

It's a fricken miracle that someone wasn't killed or maimed at one of those intersections.

What has not been mentioned yet, is All the Support LEO's stopping cross traffic, etc. That whole chase was Uber FELONY, at least one Running Red Light, plus the continued evading, most of the time BG was over the line and technicaly driving wrond side of road... And what was that pull over at the beginning, off the opposite side????

As far as the comments of BG getting a beat down:

1. Is that on some other news source?
2. After that chase, a so ~What~ Is my POV!

The facts in the End: great LEO Team Work, multi-back ups, state, sheriff, local...

A Good stop Scale 1 to 10, about an 8.5 for me...

philip :cool:

Pickup truck had some pretty good get up and go.

The criminals use to love it when us EMT's showed up on scenes like that. It meant the cops had to stop beating the shot out of them so we could treat them.

The cop in the Yukon noticed the wheels still turning and smoking and went for a disable hit. Typical criminal evasion move, put your hands up in the air, but keep the accelerator floored in case you could break it loose from one of the blocking cars.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top