JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So it seems like my original statement isn't too far off. Several of you have said you are or did sell your Ruger because it was inexpensive when you bought it and now you can get something you want more. I didn't say they were bad guns, but instead said that I've never been a big fan.

So how many of you, who have sold your Ruger to upgrade to something nicer, would buy that same Ruger again at a normal price (not a crazy deal)?

I have 2 revolvers - a ruger sp101 and a S&W 686.

The trigger on the 686 is better (the S&W is improved, the ruger is stock), but the ruger is just a handy little pistol, and, in my opinion, looks better than the j-frame S&Ws.

If I were to give one up, I think it'd be the S&W at this point.

A spring job and some polishing are on my short list, I'll see if I can't get the triggers comparable.

I agree with the earlier statement about liking their revolvers over their autos. Their autos feel 'clunky' to me

I have a Ruger Standard .22. It was my grandpa's gun and I would never part with it because of him. However, it's the reason I don't keep any other .22 pistol or revolver. It's well built, comfortable and very accurate. I have to disagree with the above statement when it comes to this gun, but understand the thought being applied to many of the center fire semi auto handgun. I've just never warmed up to them. (I'm kinda a 1911 snob) :D

In my case I love those "bricks", but it seems like any time i pick one up i have to liquidate it to keep a roof over my head... so i've been kinda cursed in that way. I'd like to keep one for more then a couple months, but while I have them I love 'em.

Like other people have stated I'm more a fan of their revolvers. I'm quite happy with my 6 inch GP100 and my Mark 3. With some stoning and Wilson Combat springs the GP100 has quite a good trigger, and the weight helps to tame the recoil.

I was looking to get a S&W 686 when I bought the GP100, but the Smith cost a lot more and I didn't feel like I was giving up that much with the Ruger. I'd like to try a SP101 or something else a little more compact, but I'll still hang onto the GP100 if I buy another .357 revolver.

I just bought a P95 brand new in the box, and could not be happier with it. Bulky, ugly, but everything it needs to be as a 9mm. Walked out the door just $340 lighter with a new gun, two mags, 100 rounds of ammo, and the knowledge that while it may not be pretty, or slim and svelte, it will never wear out and break down which is all I really need. I would normally not buy brand new firearms, but the price was actually cheaper than most of the Ruger 9mm handguns I've seen posted here.

I imagine, whether I sell it or not, that I will never be disappointed with my Ruger. Maybe I'm biased, because the first gun I ever shot was a Ruger (.44 Blackhawk with the 10.5in barrel), but I have never had any problems with them.

My first Ruger was a P95, then a P85mkII, i look forward to the P89 i'll soon have, and look forawrd to keeping it, lol

(Personally the polymer frame in the 95 didn't do much for me, I actually like the extra weight.)

I owne several rugers,the thing thats amazing to me is,how much smoother and more accurate the old blackhawk style revolvers are than the newer revolvers,like the gp100.Ive shot them many times same day at the range,my 357 blackhawk is by far more accurate,and less recoil by far than my gp100.I like them both,but the geometry of the old Blackhawks is amazing.my 44 mag is suprisingly smooth compared to other brand 44 mags as well. I lovem all!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top