JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't understand the point...one cannot own a firearm in NZ without authorization and I highly doubt that they're handing those out to suspected gang members. They've already got laws for criminal possession.

Now, this one seems like it's got some teeth...if they've got the stones to enforce it:

Alongside this, the Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act will be amended to introduce a new power enabling seizure of assets of those associated with organised crime - where the person's known legitimate income is likely to have been insufficient to acquire the asset.

"We're hitting gangs where it hurts - their pockets," Justice Minister Kris Faafoi said in a statement. "This new organised crime power will help prevent those involved in organised crime from benefitting from crime and remove the primary reason for organised crime to exist - the profits they can make from vulnerable New Zealanders."

I don't understand the point...one cannot own a firearm in NZ without authorization and I highly doubt that they're handing those out to suspected gang members. They've already got laws for criminal possession.

Now, this one seems like it's got some teeth...if they've got the stones to enforce it:
Seems more like they are trying to go after those with unconventional means of supporting their lifestyles. This is big brother behavior.

"Alongside this, the Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act will be amended to introduce a new power enabling seizure of assets of those associated with organised crime - where the person's known legitimate income is likely to have been insufficient to acquire the asset."

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top