Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

High Powered, Stream Shooting Pepper Spray/Mace

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RVTECH, Aug 24, 2013.

1. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a good brand for the aforementioned? I am having a problem with dogs coming on my property and carrying things off. I think of them is responsible for packing off a shoe from a pair I left on my front deck as well as some loose deer antlers that were laying around. I want some serious stuff that will spray a stream - and hurt. Please advise!

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Any porcupines in your area. They love the minerals in antlers and might take a shine to your shoe if it was leather.

4. RVTECH

Yes but I have never seen one in the LaPine area. The shoe was not leather.

5. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The finger is back pointing to dogs then.

6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Get or borrow a game camera ( fires when animal comes close) and see what is doing it first.

BoonDocks36 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

I second the game camera, works like an auto on yard light, proximity sensors, and can be set for size of animals to trigger it (good ones anyway).

And since there is a known fondness for Shoes, a visit to Good Will, etc, for a couple cheap pair of shoes,no sense you loosing more ofyour own!!!

Philip,
    In the OutBack of North East Washington, we had a shoe thief, but that was befor trail cameras, I learned to air out my boots off a rope thrown over a corner log of our Log Cabin, I left them "staggered" so they would be lik a ladder, on each corner....

In the Boon Docks, its different now, we got ~civilized~, in door toilet & everything !!!!!

8. RVTECH

Well I am not so concerned about the shoe because the dogs are the primary issue. I'll definitely look in bear spray and hope that does the trick. My concern though is any residual chemical on the dog going home and causing 'distress' with it's owners.

9. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

The owners should keep them contained to avoid their dogs getting sprayed. If it were at my place they would just go missing.

10. RVTECH

That is an option.....