JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any recommendations on a decent pellet gun that shoots over 1000 fps? Cabelas has some of their's on sale right now and I'm interested to know if anyone has had experience (good or bad) with any of the 1000fps + air rifles. :huh:

I have very little experience with the newer breed of air rifles. I still have my old Benjamin Sheradin .20 caliber. Slower but it sure does it's job!

I'm not sure where in WA you are, but there is a a Cabela's in Lacy, WA. I would suggest heading over there to handle them all. That tends to tell you a lot about the gun as I'm sure you know.

I have seen some ad's lately for a new pellet gun that's supposed to be extra quiet. That sounds intriguing to me.

Back in the Midwest I used them for target shooting/plinking and pest removal. Worked great for little tiny things on up to raccoons.

You should definitely look into one for your kids. Cheap, quiet and lots of fun.

Yup, exactly! Fun plinking and squirrel, rabbit, small 'coon hunting around the yard without upsetting the neighbors too much. Not to mention not having to worry about possible stray rounds going where you don't want them to go.

And the ammo is pretty cheap too!! :s0155:

I wish .20 pellets weren't so hard to find. :

.22 isn't too hard to find, but you can't argue with the availability of .177 pretty much everywhere you look. If you're just plinkin' or target shooting I'd go .177 because they are cheaper and easy to find just about any style you want. If you want to shoot critters, I'd opt for the .22 though.

i have a set of the Russian air guns,pistol and rifle.
B52 i think is the rifles model,wil have to look at the pistols.
Across my Chono the pistol is fairly consistent,354-356 fps,and very accurate to boot.
Have never shot the rifle,the trigger guard was fubar from day one,was never very important to fix it.

Well I ran the air rifle thru the chrono today and got an average of 855fps with 5 shots.

The "box" said "up to 1,000fps" and the advert. said it would do 1,200fps with the PBR pellets... I guess I should have gotten some to see if it was true or not.

Still... I guess I can't complain too much since last night I put a pointed pellet into the face of the damn raccoon that's been stealing food from my (outdoor) cat's food dish.

The bugger managed to hobble off into the brush to die before I could hit him again... but he left enough blood all over the deck for me to know that 855fps was "good enough". :s0155:

I use alot of break barrels and returned most of them. The only way to go is a fixed barrel side ****ing rifle and they go for around 500. All the other rifles on the market are ****ty. Ive boughten almost 10 this year and only have one due to the fact i returned all the other ones rangeing in price from 100 to 350, they all were junk and any rifle that comes with a scope dont get in unless you get the rifle i described other wise it wont hold zero. I also have a crossman qeust from 6 years ago back then it went for 210 with scope and for some reson it puts them in the same hole and shoots squirls out the tops of my neighbors trees. Also REMEBER to blow the smoke out of your barrel after every shot that can/will change your point of impact due to the drop in fps from traviling trough the smoke. If you have any other ?'s about pettlet rifles and diffrent pellets send me a pm And go out to sportsmans warhouse they have the rifle im talking about also PREDITOR ballistic tip pellets are by far the best hunting pellets on the market for birds rabbits and squirls, PBA the gold pellets are very load and sound like a 22 so i wouldnt advise use in city limits otherwise they penitrate very deep. Also you can get some RWS superpoints and stick a needle through the backside till it pooks out the tip then cut it and super glue it ive found this to work really nice on longer shots on the tuff hide on squirls Alot of one shot kills at 75 plus yards.

You can get an idea of what's available by browsing Pyramid Air's website. A good honest store.

I have a (Spanish) Gamo "Viper" break-barrel that shoots .22 cal #9 shot shotshells hard enough to kill small birds out to about 30'. It also shoots .22 pellets at about 800fps if I recalll correctly.

Nice in-city user.

The "box" said "up to 1,000fps" and the advert.

Maybe that's shooting downwind?

My wife's family has property within Olympic National Park. No firearms allowed there (currently). We think there are nutria running around and I've been thinking about getting a high-fps air rifle to deal with those.

Having a useful, high velocity airgun is a basic piece of a complete gunner's toolkit, I think, like having a .22 or a rifle, there's a definate place for them.

+1 on the Preditor ballistic tip ammunition that Killswitch was talking about.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top