JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I find to be hilarious every spring is how people start lining up to move another trailer house by the Snohomish river, as if it won't ever flood there.

And they get 9 months into it and, Sur-prise, sur-prise sur-prise, whuh they call this a flood plain, unka Mike?

True enough though, even some of the usually trouble-free spots are submerged.

We're doing fine in Tacoma/U-Place though.

Yup, there was a reason I built the house on top of a hill. The thing about a "waterfront" home is... you can never count on the water to not move on you!!

Jeez you guys aren't that far from us, though.

Here's a nice little slide show from Snoqualmie Pass/I-90 that a friend sent me this morning, <broken link removed> . The High Ground has it's downsides, too!

Last Edited:
We actually sit just a bit higher than some of the houses around us so we just got about a foot of water in our woodshed.
Here are two pics of the white river where it blew it's banks and headed straight for the apartments ya'll probably saw on the news.....

Oddly enough my house sits higher than street level, yet there was still 2 inches of water covering the downstairs. Had to move everything from down there and then rip up the carpet and padding to let the concrete dry. Not fun.

A couple decades ago I rented a low-profile duplex on the far East edge of Portland. I was FAR from any drainages or creeks and had good altitude, so I felt smug about flooding.

Egads, it turned out that there was an underground water source, probably an ancient lava tube from Mount Hood, which flooded a bowl-depression just a couple of blocks away! I did not get flooding myself, but I did gain a little humility---you just cannot predict everything!......................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top