high ground

Reactions
What I find to be hilarious every spring is how people start lining up to move another trailer house by the Snohomish river, as if it won't ever flood there.

And they get 9 months into it and, Sur-prise, sur-prise sur-prise, whuh they call this a flood plain, unka Mike?

True enough though, even some of the usually trouble-free spots are submerged.

We're doing fine in Tacoma/U-Place though.

Reactions
Jeez you guys aren't that far from us, though.

Here's a nice little slide show from Snoqualmie Pass/I-90 that a friend sent me this morning, <broken link removed> . The High Ground has it's downsides, too!

Last edited:
Reactions
We actually sit just a bit higher than some of the houses around us so we just got about a foot of water in our woodshed.
Here are two pics of the white river where it blew it's banks and headed straight for the apartments ya'll probably saw on the news.....

Reactions
Oddly enough my house sits higher than street level, yet there was still 2 inches of water covering the downstairs. Had to move everything from down there and then rip up the carpet and padding to let the concrete dry. Not fun.

Reactions
A couple decades ago I rented a low-profile duplex on the far East edge of Portland. I was FAR from any drainages or creeks and had good altitude, so I felt smug about flooding.

Egads, it turned out that there was an underground water source, probably an ancient lava tube from Mount Hood, which flooded a bowl-depression just a couple of blocks away! I did not get flooding myself, but I did gain a little humility---you just cannot predict everything!......................elsullo

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Little Shop!
    I went in the place several weeks ago while visiting my kid at school. I ended up buying a new set of electronic ear muffs as my old ones were...
  • Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    My go-to
    Neil has been nothing but professional, helpful and fair since I was a brand new shooter. He and his staff treat everyone with respect and you...
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    1.00 star(s)
    Completely unhappy!
    Not happy, customer service is highly lacking, and the male employees are rude. We wont be back!!
  • Wildcat Mountain
    4.00 star(s)
    Wildcat Mountain Nov. 30
    Went there today, it was accessible but bad conditions which I kind of expected. Melting snow, mud, etc. No one there and I didn't see a lot of...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
Top Bottom