JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are there any other guys out the that collect & shoot high end Rimfire? I have the fever and now have five Anschutz rifles, 1977 Model 54 prone NM, Model 54 Match Model 1709, Model 54 sporter 1710, Model 64 sporter Heavy barrel & Model 64 sporter HB in .17HM2. Still looking for a M54 sporter with dual triggers.
I think @tac may well..

I have a Walter sportmodel single shot rifle. It is a sporting version of the great Walter Olympic rifle. You have great stuff. I am a huge Anshutz fan particularly after visiting the master at his factory in the late 70's.

I shudder to think how much $$$$$$$$$$$$ Mr Iceberg has invested in 'high end' .22 rifles. Being a poor old veteran with a war injury pension, too, I have to count the pennies with most everything, including the things I shoot.

I have been very lucky with my cache of .22RF calibre target rifles, but find that I have no need to spend vast amounts of $$$ I don't have, figuring that if it can do this at 50m with five shots, I'm justified in being a tightwad.

upload_2017-12-21_16-36-19.png

This is a box of 50 at 100m, BTW.

upload_2017-12-21_16-37-40.png

It's a bit spread out, but then it was blowing a bit, and I was shooting between the gusts.

This is what I used to do both targets -

upload_2017-12-21_16-39-53.png

It's a mde in 1963 Anschutz Model 1409 - all original, bought from the club scrapheap for £25 [then around $40]. It looked a good deal sadder than that, though. having been in a corner gunsafe in the damp for around 20+ years. I refurbished it with a lot of love and hard work, and it repays me every time I get it out and shoot it. The scope was another blessing from an older guy in Montana. He had advertised it on GB, and I bought it off him. When it arrove, the package was way bigger than I'd imagined, and the reason was that there were TWO of them.

This is the other one - a x16 - on my old BSA Martini MkII with its one-off plywood stock -

upload_2017-12-21_16-46-50.png

That baby cost me a lot more - almost $100, I recall.

And lastly, the other MkII, this time a true leftie, with a x18 Unertl Supertarget 2" scope and old-style mounts - parked alongside -

upload_2017-12-21_16-50-30.png

I paid almost $80 for that, but in mitigations, it DID cme with a complete set of Al Freeland micrometer tube sights and the newer POSA mounts - seen here -

upload_2017-12-21_16-52-27.png

Of course, I have a bunch of other .22RF rifles, but they are all pretty boring by your standards.

And listen up, now, don't be telling all your pals that those poor folks over in yUK don't have any guns - it just ain't so.

tac

My buddy lent me his Anschutz for a summer. The fancy sight alone cost more than most of my rifles.

I was surprised how soon precision can become relatively unexciting, as in myself coming to actually expect to put 5 shots into nearly the same POI.....time after boring time.....

not at all what I've been used to before, and since then, when he took it away from me....

One of the fellow members of the Paralyzed Vets of America has a 400 yard reactive target range on his 300 acres. Fun to see how far out you can hit targets with rimfire rifles.

One of the fellow members of the Paralyzed Vets of America has a 400 yard reactive target range on his 300 acres. Fun to see how far out you can hit targets with rimfire rifles.

That would be fun to stretch the legs of my .22 WMR.

Just come back from the range session, seeing as there is a maintenance day tomorrow with the usual workers, and got to shoot one of our serious 'squint & squeezers' getting rid of a couple of hundred rounds from this year's batch of 5000 that he gets to shoot comps.

His rifle is a Bleiker - THE top of the line in the top of the line. Just this year new, it cost him a tad under $10000 by the time he had new sights on it. Seems that the old ones were not compatible, somehow - don't ask me.
lady-bleiker.jpg

I got down behind it and loosed off a set of five at fifty - all were in a nice group, but left of centre - we ARE different people, after all.

It was hard to get my head around the fact that it had cost 500 times what I'd paid for my old Anschutz...

tac

V. kind of you to say so, Sir.

You shoulda seen what I USED to have...oh my...:(

tac

Makes me sad every time I think about it. Honestly, if I was asked to pair down my collection like you had to, it would be hard to decide which to get rid of. They are all like children, you don't want to get rid of any. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top