JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not good for prone position but knock yourself out. I think the 20 rounder is just right on my Mini-14., haven't felt a need to acquire any 30s.

I think the antis are trying to get us all to have 10 or under for now. Expect that number they want to shrink with every election the Democrat/Progressives win!

What does the U.S. govt./ Military use now in their Rifles anyway? What amount does NATO use?

We know what ISIS commonly uses.

A long thread was not my intention only a talking point. You need ammunition for a gun and likewise ammo for an intelligent discussion with anti's. That was my sole intention.

In retrospect I should have done my post this way instead of paraphrasing to try and cut corners.

image.jpg

I still find 20rds are satisfactory, and why 30rds are not really high capacity I am not understanding what the issue is. After all in most circumstances and most shooters. Polishing off a 50round magazine probably resulted in a less then 40% accuracy. However someone with a 20rd shooting conservative would most likely be in the 85% + . Spray and pray seldom does anything and is why most military folks use burst or single and seldom ever full auto. In my opinion having a ton of bullets with crap for accuracy is not worth the bullets used. By the way my point in this as well is most of the time when a person has high-cap they are not as careful on accuracy or placement. And going prone is another discussion as well.

I'm not going there only here...
If you are imposing limits start with term limits and then we will talk about mags...with all due respect.

"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun"
---William Batterman Ruger, Sr.

"I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock"
---William Batterman Ruger, Sr.

That old folding stock was Awesome BTW! Wish they would bring it back.
Speculation was that they were trying to get ahead of impending legislation that would hurt sales so they eliminated some "features". I don't know.

Maybe he was a closet Liberal or started going batty like the Winchester widow who built that goofy house in California:confused::confused::confused:.

Either way the guy is dead and just like I admire Nazi tech weapons but hate their politics I love my Mini14 as well as the MarkII .22 I used to have. The 20 round Standard Capacity seems just right for the rifle, but if you want a drum mag the govt. shouldn't butt in.

As to the OPs , "you're O.K. with the Government.......?.".

Most of the Libs and Progressives probably aren't O.K. with "that", as they believe in Unicorns and rainbows remember?

Many of them would want us to disarm all our Nukes and Conventional weapons. Because the U.S. is the root of all evil and if we just divested ourselves of all our bad stuff the world would be all calm and nice to each other!
That is why they want your 30 round mags for now and eventually everything else!

I'm not going there only here...
If you are imposing limits start with term limits and then we will talk about mags...with all due respect.
Thats about the only added Amendment I would like to see put in the bill of rights across the board for any federally appointed or elected office.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top