JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There's a small chance some of you know me, but thats allright. I hope to finally bag a bear this year. Due to some prior obligations, I've missed out on this trip for three years.

We leave tommorrow afternoon to the Alpine lakes wilderness unit in Northern Washington. I shot a buck there four years ago during the regular high buck season, but never saw one bear. Last year, the group I go with, passed up around dozen bears. Thier intention was to scout, not hunt. Thats not the plan this time! Four guys, three tags, I already taste the blood!

~Mike:s0131:

Well I'm back. The trip was all I could remember and then some. We covered four Mt.'s, five different ridge lines, covered many square miles, gained around eight thousand feet in elevation and came down the same distance on 30 degree slopes traveling over fifteen miles, half without trails on side slopes with miles and miles of blueberry shrubs making way for our trails.

I wish I was still there! To anyone who plans to hunt around Galcier Peak Wilderness, the bucks are still in bachelor parties. They are bathing to the west in the sun. Most of the bear are below four thousand feet. Thats where the huckle and blue berries are 100% in season. Most vegetation over the 4200 feet seem to have another month until fully developed berries. By then, the late buck hunt will begin and the bears will have moved into the higher elevations. Last year, I was told, it was the opposite.

Anyways, saw seven legal bucks when the low clouds would lift in the morning. We did get socked in for two of the four days, but it would clear by afternoon for a few hours. Between the four of us, we never saw one bear. Kinda dissapointing, but not in the least disfavoring. I know I'll see that little furry creature during the high buck hunt.

That's my report. Don't ask what range or area I was in. I wont tell. :s0114:

~Mike

Log on to my user name and check out the pics in the High buck album.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top