JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol here it is in current state... light switch removed , still working on patching wall.. and loading bookcase.

IMG_0558.JPG

Turned our master bedroom closet into reloading/gun tinkering room by removing existing door and building hidden bookcase... pretty easy! Now not only are my toys locked in a safe but the safe is in hidden room ... also I have a place to fondle them in private . Lol! Anyway I'd be happy to pass on how to do to anyone interested...

View attachment 335392 View attachment 335393
Take an old book, glue the pages together, and cut out a shape in the pages and back cover to fit a electronic lock. Put in the lock, slide the book over it and voila! Hidden lock.

You can buy hinges for these but they want like $150 for em.. I'm cheap and made my own for about $10... see pic, used a couple pieces of 1/4" thick strapping nylon spacer block and a bolt .. top and bottom the same .

IMG_0519.JPG IMG_0520.JPG

Turned our master bedroom closet into reloading/gun tinkering room by removing existing door and building hidden bookcase... pretty easy! Now not only are my toys locked in a safe but the safe is in hidden room ... also I have a place to fondle them in private . Lol! Anyway I'd be happy to pass on how to do to anyone interested...

View attachment 335392 View attachment 335393
I LIKE that a LOT!!!

Thanks for posting. We'll be building a new house next summer and a couple of secret rooms are in the plans. My wife actually brought it up first. She wants a Scooby Doo bookcase to gain access to her library. Seems only fair I get one too.

Thanks for posting. We'll be building a new house next summer and a couple of secret rooms are in the plans. My wife actually brought it up first. She wants a Scooby Doo bookcase to gain access to her library. Seems only fair I get one too.
Hell that makes it that much easier that she's all in for it too. these would be a great idea in new construction. That way you are building it in from the start. I will sure be keeping this in mind if we do some remodeling.

Here's an updated pic ... noticed light switch moved to inside , holes patched up and painted. Just need to install baseboard and done .. ahh..I love it. Good luck with yours fellas

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top