JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi there,

I am Beth, I am 24 years old and live in Tacoma, WA. I am a single mom to an awesome little three year old, full time lab tech and part time student...and I am a new firearm owner/lover....just looking for information and a place to learn from!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Beth :eek:)

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I ended up getting a (let's all hope I say this correctly...) .32 Beretta Tomcat.
It is my first and only... I have only gone to shoot it once and I actually have no idea where we went to shoot it. (The now ex that took me on the shopping and shooting adventures is now living in California...) It was some where off of HWY 101 near Olympia, near off-roading trails...

3672a0d14943__1222230071000.jpg

Welcome! Now we have, what? 4 women? :s0114:

Where'd you hear about the site? We really need to make an effort to get more women into the shooting sports.

I was actually trying to figure out where there are some outdoor places that I could drive out to with my friend to shoot (he is very experienced, just not from here...) and when I was on google, a few of the links where threads from this forum-- so I figured I would just join and get the whole deal. I also want to be a more knowledgeble gun-owner.

I love having it my house, and even more so loved shooting it-- just not many people in my life are gun owners, or pro-gun ownership for that matter. Those who are and know me are shocked to learn that I have ever shot a gun, and even more so that I own one...so I am kind of on my own for educating myself about it and honestly, I think it is an awesome hobby and more importantly, SKILL to have...I guess just throwing myself into it is a good start.

Since purchasing and learning about my gun, I feel so much better in my home with my daughter. I really think that, more women should, responsibly of course, become gun owners.

Welcome aboard! A number of guys (myself included--in college I was a magnet for lady friends with stalker exes, and when I was working with them on self-defense studies I suggested firearms training to several) have long believed if our firearms rights are to be protected, that encouraging ladies to join the club is our best and only chance...

It's not much, but for a last-chance defense or a recreational shooter, I've heard good reviews about the Tomcat.

Ever check out The Marksman in Summit? (My "home range"--occasionally a little crowded, but I've always been well taken care of by the staff.) It's an indoor range, though--you might check out Renton Fish & Game, or Paul Bunyan in Graham/Puyallup. Possibly Tacoma Sportsman's Club at 160th & Canyon, but I've heard some unpleasant things about some of their RangeMonsters. (h/t John "Guncrank Diaries" Connor for the expression)

Right on! I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm 28, used to be phlebotomist(now a bartender AGAIN) and am just about to purchase my first piece. Thinking about a Taurus 24/7... My friends know of some pretty sweet spots out east i find out for ya if you'd like:) I live up in north seattle so we're not too far. Drop me a line next time yer up here and we can totally gun-geek out! I can show ya the best zombie escape route;)

Welcome and congrats on your tomcat, they are great litlle handguns.. Just so you know, often womens turn out to be better shooters than men. They are alot easier to train than most men. So go learn it , shoot it and most of all enjoy it

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top