Hi Power 9mm FN - Like New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
************SOLD.

Fabrique Nationale---Made in Belgium Hi Power SFS (safe fast shooting) in 9mm.

Has exactly 51 rounds run through (I think that qualifies for AS NEW condition). Minor carry wear on the bluing and one tiny tiny cosmetic scratch on the right side of the slide, neither is visible in the pictures.

3 new Browning factory mags, 2 FN factory--all 13 rnds. Old West Belt slide and G/G IWB (new) holsters

Asking 680 for all or 630 for weapon, 2 mags.

Will trade/plus-cash-depending for newish Glock 34, 9mm ammo or 12 gauge coach gun.

New To Sell 024.jpg

New To Sell 023.jpg

Last edited:
OP
aslinged
Reactions
Changed this around as I got the concealed I was looking for. Selling now w/ a price of 725. Maybe admin. could change the prefix...? Or I can set up a different ad, whatever you prefer/is possible.

Reactions
Yes, SAO. But you can drop the hammer to a half cock, release the safety lever and bring it back to full. This is essentially what the SFS system gives you.
Kinda OT, but I never really understood this system. What advantage does it give you over the original cocked and locked system? Is it for agencies that don't like SAO or something? I mean no disrespect at all, it's a beautiful HP and would buy it if I had the cash, just curious about the system.

OP
aslinged
Reactions
I always thought OT meant overtime, but I'm guessing you mean something different. No disrespect taken. The reasoning behind the system is, at least I think, to give the user one more option. The SFS allows you to carry cocked and locked all day....like a standard Hi Power. But it also gives you the half cock, so for whatever reason you wanted to you could. Maybe that would be a low level situation like around the house or maybe that would be something certain agencies would require. Either way, the times that I carried it I loved it because it works as an external safety while limiting the disadvantages that such safety sometimes have...ie. longer operating time or whatever. I say it limits it in my estimation because its so much like the 1911 safety, just a small external wedge that is totally egonomic in respect to thumb placement. The lever to drop the hammer is just right there. So with a minor thumb motion you go from half cock to all business.

The other advantage that it acts as a decocking lever, only your thumb operates it. So...you're in full cock, press forward on the spring loaded hammer and you're immediately in half cock. As opposed to going through the whole drop the magazine, manipulate the trigger carefully and control the hammer scheme.

It's a pretty sweet system in the end. No complaints from me, and I have never heard of any documented problems elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom