JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jdogg,

A little birdy told me your replacement arrived. Does it have the same serial # as the original?

And just a side note, I have been making fun of Mr dogg for years for even owning that terrible gun. (truth be told I hate all plastic guns, not just Hi-Point) When he showed it to me after being run over my exact thoughts were "no big loss there".

You cant see it in the photos but even the barrel is damaged, and the slide is pinched locking it to what is left of the frame so you cant disassemble what is left. There is literally not a single undamaged part. I never thought they would replace it in a million years.

A few years ago I ran over a Snap-On drop light, a light that cost almost as much as a new Hi-Point, the snappy man laughed at me when I tried to get it replaced.

I may never change my stance on plastic guns but you cant argue that Hi-Points customer service is probably the best in the world.

I guess I am one of the haters who is just going to have to "Suck it"

Remember, if you only have 250 for a gun, you can buy a better quality gun, but you still have to buy ammo. Buy a $150 Hi-point and you have money for plenty of ammo.

If I needed a gun and only had $150 or so to spend, I would get one of those FEG 9x19 Makarov clones before I bought a Hi-Point. Much better quality, proven design, lighter weight, easier to conceal. Wolf makes cheap 9x19 ammo in bulk. Or I would scrape up a few more bucks and buy a KelTec P-11 which is superior to the Hi-Point by several orders of magnitude and has an eqully stellar reputation for customer service.

An accurate statement to make about Hi-Point is that they have excellent customer service and their pot-metal blowback guns are far superior in quality to the pot-metal blowback guns made by Lorcin or Raven or Jennings/Jimenez/Bryco. But, at the end of the day, we are still talking about a pot-metal blowback-operated gun. I dont care how good the customer service might be; you still cant polish a turd.

I don't think there's anything wrong with hi points as long as they shoot. I've read more negative comments about Taurus, diamondback and kel tec than I have hi point. I personally wouldn't get a hi point just due to the size, but if they shoot then more power to you. I held one of their carbines the other day and it actually felt great in my hands! I have owned Taurus and kel tec guns and being some of the most hated on guns I personally loved them and trusted both with my life. As far as diamondback goes I ended up getting a 642 instead of the db9, I just couldn't get passed all the complaints on a gun that should cost as much as a kel tec, not 350 bucks

OMG I never seen that one. That is funny.

Evidently you can also (at least partially) polish a Hi-point:

40SWmodsSmall.jpg
HiPoint40SWMods3small.jpg

Picks borrowed from <broken link removed>

OMG I never seen that one. That is funny.

Evidently you can also (at least partially) polish a Hi-point:

40SWmodsSmall.jpg
HiPoint40SWMods3small.jpg

Picks borrowed from <broken link removed>

Kind of like gold-plating a Bic pen.

The bottom line is that if someone was breaking into my home at night and I needed to grab a handgun to defend me and my family, I really would want something better than a Hi-Point.

There are inexpensive guns that are a real value for the money; KelTec P11's, Bersa Thunders, 9x19 FEG Makarovs, Taurus/Rossi .38 revolvers and S&W Sigmas are all proven reliable weapons that can be picked up for very little more than the cost of a Hi-Point. I would feel perfectly confident in trusting my life to one of these weapons. There is inexpensive....and there is cheap. I dont want a cheap gun in my hand when my life is at stake, regardless of how good the customer service on it might be.

LOL, they're still hatin.
In 30 years, my hi point will probably still be my glove box gun.
And it'll probably still be accurate and reliable.
And it'll probably still be ugly, heavy, and an ergonomic nightmare.

LOL, they're still hatin.
In 30 years, my hi point will probably still be my glove box gun.
And it'll probably still be accurate and reliable.
And it'll probably still be ugly, heavy, and an ergonomic nightmare.

In 30 years, I'll still rely on my CZ82 and P64 for the same duties. Both of which are inexpensive guns and both of which are worlds better than the Hi-Point zinc special.

I'm still wondering what happened to this thread and where are the pics of the pistol they sent. Along with did they change the serial and so forth... I went and bought a Hi-Point after reading this thread only to find out out at best they are gang banger throw away guns.... But I'm still gonna keep mine :) I'd take a carbine rifle from them but the pistols are best left for all you gangsters out there. ;) I'm sure you can shoot them sideways just wonderfully! :)

Alright, up late and miss my P11 I sold for phone bill money. Broke the guide rod. I know this has happened to other. A phone call and a week later I received a newer guide rod and a cool little screwdriver. I know other say they have poor service when they get to many orders or something about machining airplane parts. But I do miss my p11, never miss fired. Clicky trigger, but if your good with control it did not matter. I still have the screw driver and am considering another p11 or pf9.

I'm still wondering what happened to this thread and where are the pics of the pistol they sent. Along with did they change the serial and so forth... I went and bought a Hi-Point after reading this thread only to find out out at best they are gang banger throw away guns.... But I'm still gonna keep mine :) I'd take a carbine rifle from them but the pistols are best left for all you gangsters out there. ;) I'm sure you can shoot them sideways just wonderfully! :)

I know, right? For being as excited as he was that Hi Point allowed him to send the gun back, then we don't get the follow up story and pics?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top